Studio Scale Cylon Raider

It's interesting to be sure. Probably not what I would do for a display model but with this i'm trying to duplicate the studio model as the main goal. it was hard to photo graph this without getting a glare off of the tape which is quite glossy. Maybe the matte clear coat will knock the glare down a bit when it's done.

Interesting factoid that I hadn't known.
The tape looks a little odd there, to me, but if that's what they used on the studio model, so be it.

Looks really good

Re: Nice Raider Old School

I too like the lines and look of the "Old school" Raider. Very nice Model. What color Grey did you use for the overall fuselage color?

Thanks, gents.

The body color is: (all enamels)
10 parts Modelmaster Lt. Sea Gray
6 parts Modelmaster Flat White
3 parts Floquil Concrete

The color is not nearly as green or brown as it appears in these pics (at least on my screen).

Insignias done on both sides.
CRSS-67.JPG

Masking for the ghosted-in insignia on the main hull.
CRSS-68.JPG

The graphic tape is stiff enough to not want to stick where the surface is curved up so I painted the insignia on the damaged wing.
CRSS-69.JPG

Here's an update with the medium gray details painted in.
CRSS-70.JPG

CRSS-71.JPG

CRSS-72.JPG

And with the damaged wing attached.
CRSS-73.JPG

I love the scowled expression on this thing.
CRSS-74.JPG

And with the soda can for scale.
CRSS-75.JPG

I like the see-through effect on the damaged wing.
CRSS-76.JPG

Rock it Dude Rock it !! Off-th-Chain !!! Hot ! Yeah, I gotta agree, that damage just sets it off !! Really Cool !!

ERIK

Thank you very much for the comments.
Just a little weathering going on so far. Getting it dirty feels so good.

CRSS-77.JPG

Doug,
I have been following your progresss on this build. This is very nice! I am looking for the Monogram re-issue now. I must do one. Great build and paintwork. You are right, getting the Cylons dirty feels good. It's only a matter of time before they arrive.

Frank Blanton

Thanks, Frank. The monogram kit is a good one to do. I did the old one and modified it a bit to be more accurate to the studio model but the update has a lot of that stuff in it now.

Are you going to post the concept version here too? I know that it's been posted on other forums, but I figure one more couldn't hurt! I just wish it was available as a kit.

~ LC

Hey guys.....

My availble time and motivation has kept me from this for a while but getting bits done here and there. I got the second pass of weathering finished now. I'm really liking the overall look of this now and need to touch up some details here and there with a 3rd pass.

Thanks for the comments and thanks for looking.

CRSS-82.JPG

CRSS-83.JPG

CRSS-84.JPG

CRSS-85.JPG

CRSS-86.JPG

CRSS-87.JPG

Latest posts

Back