Starfury thoughts

Just Mike

Hey, what's up guys and geeks and galls and hopefully, geek gals ;) ?

So, my best bud Dan will be having a birthday in June and I'm wanting to build him a Starfury. Thing is, I don't know what he'd like for a design for the top of it, the nose art if you will. I can tell you he's into his job, that being IT and stuff. But I'm not sure an occupationally-related decal is the way to go in this instance. I remember back in the late 90's, I had a roommate who knew I liked computers and stuff and got me some juvenile curtains for my room that had computers floating around space with technical sounding words like "internet", "cyberspace", "www", "CD-ROM" and others. Yeah, I was in my late twenties. Didn't need that handing in my windows.

I know you don't know him from Adam but other things he likes are, drinking, really crappy indie rock, comics (particularly X-Men), Dungeons and Dragons...

I'm thinking the B5 shield design, the Misfits skull or the redesigned Sea Witch (with side-boob).

Also, any help you could offer in terms of making a decent 'fury would be appreciated. Trouble spots, where to be careful, masking, painting, assembly, whether the aftermarket guns are worth getting...

Thanks!

Could go with something akin to the Black Omega, only using the X-men logo in its place.

Been too long since I last built one of these to give you any tips on her, other than seeing if Starship Modeler's store still has the replacement guns available

Don's light and magic does, but I don't think the starship modeler store has them any more.

As far as the "nose-art" goes....
How about a Dragon? Stylized.
But I like the suggestion of the "X" from the X-Men too.

Excellent suggestions!

Thanks guys!

I believe Starship Modeler has the accurate guns for the 'fury in stock. They used to have a lot more wing art for the starfuries but they're down to a handful.

I'd realllly like to replicate the hull pattern of the fuselage using an airbrush. My guess would just be to use post-its or low-tack masking tape with slits and random rectangles cut out and do it in layers. Just don't know how to get the same pattern on the left as the right, y'know? Once the template for the right is used, I won't be able to use it on the left because of the curl of the tape from lifting. It may be worth just doing the already existing panels in the model's surface.

Latest posts

Back