Revell/Monogram Babylon 5 Starfurys

Thundergod

Re-watching my Babylon 5 DVD Box Sets has prompted me to unearth my Revell Starfurys . They'd remained unfinished because I always intended to replace the kits awful guns with after-market replacements but I'd never gotten around to it . I've been using up some spare wood I've had lying around to make some display bases for my Galactica Vipers ( amongst others) , so I did the same for the Starfurys . I remember the Revell/Monogram kit getting a bit of a hard time on it's release for the aforementioned guns as well as innacuracies with the decal sheet ( let's face it though , only the HARDEST of hard-core fans would ever notice these ), but the truth is the kit is an excellent reproduction of the ship . There are a few "fit" issues ( I'm having to go back and work on these with the filler ) , but other than that , the models still stand up very well after nearly 20 years . I'll fix the problems with the guns when I re-stock my "Evergreen" tubing and I'm tweaking the paintwork and adding some more panel shading and weathering .
2014-07-27215702_zps4a98cf7f.jpg
2014-07-27215623_zps716c0846.jpg
2014-07-27215612_zpsb57a3e6c.jpg
2014-07-27215519_zps00a28c41.jpg
2014-07-27215427_zps7b5ad5e7.jpg
2014-07-27215400_zps1bfcc7ee.jpg
2014-07-27215254_zps5b3937c4.jpg

Love these models. They are getting hard to find. I would like to build and light one as soon as I finish the Star Wars models. Look forward to seeing the progress on these.

Looks great ! (All three of them...)

I'm going to build one soon too, I've just received the DLM parts to light it... ;)

Thanks guys . I almost regret the models being mostly complete , as I'd love to tackle one again , but looking on ebay has shown that these kits are now pretty costly . It's hard to believe now that I picked up 2 of mine at a discount store for £3.99 ! ( God , if only I could jump in that time machine and go back , I'd clear the shelves !) ::)

I have a couple of these in the stash and every year when the contest comes I think about building one.

I know that there are a few groups trying to get B5 back on TV. And that Michael J is writing a movie script. No telling if he will get that made into a movie......

Grendels said:
I have a couple of these in the stash and every year when the contest comes I think about building one.

I know that there are a few groups trying to get B5 back on TV. And that Michael J is writing a movie script. No telling if he will get that made into a movie......

You should put one together , with a little effort a really good model can be made . You'd just need to sand off the raised panel lines and replace ( or alter) the guns . The larger of the decals can be a bit of a battle to get to "sit" right , but with perserverance they can be made to play ball . ;)

Thanks for the info, I have both replacement decals and guns for both of mine and the DLM lighting kit for one.

Latest posts

Back