Star Trek Generations

I'm going to try to make some small shuttlecraft to place on the top of the saucer. Nobody make them that small do they? I'd sure would be easier than making them. Dang their small.

You can find them on Federation models site:

http://www.federationmodels.com/

But they are hidden and I could not link to them directly. Click products, then federation models, then scroll down. You will find more than one listing for 1/1400 shuttles. The only thing I can see that might be a problem is that the ones for the D are in a kit for the entire shuttle bay....

But they do have some 1/1400 runabouts, Peregrine fighters, and speed boats. Prices are not bad at all.

I ordered some shuttles from Federation so i'll get those on as soon as they arrive. All that's left after that is the nameplate and the trim and she's done.

I got the shuttles and will paint them up tomorrow night. I'll try to get a photo tonight and post it.

Here's the shuttles. They're pretty cool looking. I've begun to give them a coat of paint and should be able to drop them in the scene tomorrow night.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The shuttles are painted and decals applies. Yes these things have decals!!! My gosh they're small!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey man, this is looking really good so far!! Are you going to add a backdrop at all or some lighting?? I've found (and i wish i had a photo of it!!!) that a few strategically placed "warmish" lights around the back perimeter of the diorama can replicate daylight but be really subtle....I did this with a display i did of an African German airfield and it looked great!

Can't wait to see the finished work man!!!

Awesome stuff and a great idea. And all because Cousellor Troi's idea of evasive manoeuvers involved turning the ship INTO a planet!

Latest posts

Back