Stalking The Hills. Afganistan dio

Good work on the base shane.

I think what norm means you may have the same concept
of the dio not actually a jeep.

schweinhund227 said:
Shane ! Nice Dio idea you've got ... Love the Wolf ! and with Yankees in it... ? yeah I know.... they are using some of them ... why not ?

The whole concept sounds familiar ! I think someone else is working on the same ...(idea) but that's OK !

Looking forward to see more pictures of that KIT ... the engine alone rocks ! Keep up the good work!

Norm.

Sorry Norm for getting back to ya so late, some managed to miss the last two comments on the page...sorry again mate.
As for a similar build, i was unaware of a dio with the same subject, if you can recall the entry i can pop over and have a look. The last thing i want is to be building some thing similar to someone else.

thanks buddy :)

Eastrock said:

E, thanks for your comment and bringing Norms comment to my attention i totaly missed it, I hope its not the same theme or subject to another entry cause that would be bad at best. Hopefully when i track down the build that norm was mentioning to me, it'll be different to mine

thanks for your comments and support lads,

shane.

Eastrock said:

E,

just trawled throught the pages of entries and must say well done everyone with the quality of builds. But I didnt track down the build that Norm mentioned, so maybe if yee now what build it is could yee send me a link to it

cheers

shane

Will try to check on it... so far nothing similar with the Landy.. more on Military Concept but none are similar on your build... there's one 2 same tanks.

Cheers!!

ER

Thanks for that E, was getting worried that someone may beaten me it ;)

thanks very much for help and support buddy ;D

cheers,

shane

Not a problem, Shane it still depend on the outcome of the build... it may be similar during the build if there is but finishing would be different.

looking forward your progress :D

cheers E, the diorama norm mentioned is scotts Lybain Pickup dio, which is a much diffierent a topic and theme to my entry :)

build update:

got the engine and firewall painted up and weathered which was blast ! ;D

P1100875.jpg

P1100876.jpg

P1100877.jpg

P1100878.jpg

the engine block got a couple of coats of Vallejo gunmetal grey, then washes of shadow brown, GW devlin mud and GW Black Ink were added. a graphite pencle was ran along the edges add a little wear and a light wash of mig pigments finished off the stage

The firewall was painted with Vallejo Grey Green and washed in shadow brown and chipping was added with a fine brush, the intake screen was painted flat black on both sides and given a wash of Mig's light dust after a layer a of varnish was down.

P1100867.jpg

P1100868.jpg

P1100869.jpg

thats all for now gents,

cheers

shane.

Thanks Spud,

had a lot of fun experimenting with washes to get nice grimey effects....im very happy with the results :)

thanks,

shane

Howdie all,

did a little work the base today, added the groundwork with modelling clay. Hopefully it wont crack as it crues :-\

P1100821.jpg

also added a few rocked made of blue foam here and there, and a small wall at the turn in the road was constructed the foam and slowly built up with white glue

P1100822.jpg

P1100824.jpg

more soon,

shane

i smooth mine out with wood glue and water and got no cracks :)

oh and i like the wall

Hey Shane ,

Nice to see you doing another Dio :) ,coming on good too ,the engine looks excellent . Keep it up ...Good luck ;)

Chris.

cheer lads,

the comments and support are well apreciated gents

cheers

shane

Hi all

quick update to share with you ;D

Painted up the base with german camo. Beige after a layer of fine grit was sprinkled over the base and sealed with a PVA water mix.

P1100830.jpg

after a few coats of beige i then applied a heavy coat of cithedals delvin mud which is a grat little product. Though im a big fan of GW paints, i have to say their washes are pretty good

P1100832.jpg

next on the list is to dry brush some highlights on the base,

till then,

shane.

spud & eastork,

thnaks for the kind words lads :)

just a bit more higlighting and base will be half way there

thanks,

shane.

merseajohn,

thanks for very much for your support :)

cheers mate,

shane

Latest posts

Back