Spud's Busts ...........

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
OK i prob scared more people off with that header than i should have :D

I'm just going to keep these 2 guys in this Topic because i will jump from one to the other.

So what are my Bust Size i hear you ask.........

OK maybe not, but there Both Young Miniatures 1/10

British Tank Crew with the Winter over coat/jump suit thingy, And British LRDG in North Africa.

Now First off im using Chris's Fantastic SBS on face painting over on SMA,
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,2806.0.html

So with that i will be using Oil.... Scary but should be easier to blend than acrylics, I hope,

Anyhow here is the Busts Box Art

Tanker
YM1835-1.jpg

LRDG
YM1832-1.jpg

Now mine Will not look anything like that ::) or even close to it but its All about Fun and learning how to paint these guys.

Now Pics of what i have so far.

So i Started with the Tanker AKA Action Man. I started with the Eyes and Man this has to be the hardest thing i have Even done took me 5 attempts to get them to look like this and they look Crap this close in but to the human eye they look Perfect.

_MG_3709.jpg
_MG_3713.jpg
_MG_3714.jpg

Skin base coat is a Vallejo Skin tone and that's why im Calling him action man his looks and the skin tone make him look like one :)

Next up LRDG

This guys eyes were harder to do because he is kinda Squinting and again up close they look shocking but they do look pretty good when we aint looking so close,
_MG_3716.jpg
_MG_3717.jpg
_MG_3718.jpg

Skin tone for this chap is brown sand and a touch of sunny skin tone to lighten it a shot, After all he is in Africa,

The beard on this guy will be fun I recon but im looking forward to it,.

Thanks for Stopping by and if you have any help you are willing to share please do so as this is the one area of modeling i really want to improve upon.

Right this must be my Longest opening post to a topic so ima shut up now.

This is the result after the first stage of oils and im pretty Happy with what i see. and as you can see i Redone the eyes they look better in person than in macro :)
_MG_3719.jpg
_MG_3720.jpg
_MG_3721.jpg

The title is misleading, this is not what I expected to see.

lol, nah looks good so far. Just keep that shirt on pal. ;D

lol thanks guys, i actually uploaded the wrong pics, Popper ones uploading

Done.

_MG_3723.jpg
_MG_3724.jpg
_MG_3726.jpg
_MG_3727.jpg

Looking great so far....

And you are right.....misleading topic....I hesitated on clicking on it, as I am sure no one wants to see your "Man Boobs"!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spud . These are looking great mate ! especially as its yer first attempt ,you should be happy with them The eyes look fine to me too . Once you finish your first wet on wet sitting ,let the oils dry totally before doing another sitting ,otherwise it will go muddy on you . On the guy above ,try adding a little pure White to the highest spots ,to bring out the highlights more ...places like ridge on the nose ,tops of cheek bones ,forehead ,upper lip and top of the chin ,not too much tho ,just a little as you cant see the true result until dry ;)

Excellent work mate :) glad to see yo having a go .

Chris.

thanks Chris its a lots fun and your sbs is Really helpful and easy to follow so that's why they are looking so good :)

Kudos to you for attempting this, spud! This is way out of my league. A quick suggestion: he needs some shadows around the eyelids where they meet the eye. Try some brown ink or something?

Hey ND never be afraid it's the only way o learn, and you are the second person to sudjestions that to me :)

i'm loving the work you have done on them so far mate, the detail around the eyes is amazing.

alright i have a small update, i done his beard the other day and it still needs a bit of detailing i think, Painted the hat dark green and dry brushed with German field grey also done the collar of the jacket and his shirt no detailing on them yet.
LRDG1.jpg

Elm City Hobbies said:
And you are right.....misleading topic....I hesitated on clicking on it, as I am sure no one wants to see your "Man Boobs"!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

;D ;D Me too. I just imagined another stuff. ;D

Looking good Spud

loving the skintone, cant wait to see this come together.

It looks a fantastic molding, the detail is really nicely cast

Latest posts

Back