Spaceman Spiffs second coming >>>(Thanks to Prince of Styrene II)<<<

Not sure who Spiff is or what he looks like but i'm looking forward to seeing him anyhoo ;D

Nice paint job

Can't wait to see this thing all come together

Great, great stuff buddy 8)

Gag

That is one CHERRY ride! ;)
Is it a '57? ya know, I thought, cuz the fins. :)
Really, you're doing a great job, it looks awesome!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Nylon Gag said:
Not sure who Spiff is or what he looks like but i'm looking forward to seeing him anyhoo ;D

Nice paint job

Can't wait to see this thing all come together

Great, great stuff buddy 8)

Gag

The venerable Spaceman Spiffs typical landing pattern

Spacemanspiff1.jpg

spacemanspiff2.jpg

Finally finished the impact crater.
Again, it's foam, crushed to individual bits, then rolled into plaster of paris and spread into the shape you see below. Wow, MESSSSY. After that was in place, I poured more runny plaster over the top.

I've made the crater so you can actually remove the saucer from the diorama. It just slots in place after the electrics, which exit through the hull bottom, are connected.

IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg

That crater is awesome, the paint just brings the whole thing to life, wicked.
Excellent work buddy

Can't wait to see how the Spiff sculpt turns out? ;D

To see a character go from 2D to 3D is always interesting, lots of WIP pix please.

Gag

(Just looked again at the comic strip on your post, are you also gunna make him a flag?)

Like The Nylon Gag said, it's always interesting to see 2D images represented in 3D. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they showed the characters with 3D imagery.

trekriffic said:
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they showed the characters with 3D imagery.

Great minds think alike trekriffic, this was exctly the first 2D/3D thing i thought of too. ;D

Gag

Thanks for all the comments guys. Really appreciated.
I'm sorry to say I've stalled at the moment. Real life and a troop with the 501 st for the weekend raising $$ for kids cancer charities. Cant say no to that. Be back on it real soon.

The Nylon Gag said:
That crater is awesome, the paint just brings the whole thing to life, wicked.
Excellent work buddy

Can't wait to see how the Spiff sculpt turns out? ;D

To see a character go from 2D to 3D is always interesting, lots of WIP pix please.

Gag

(Just looked again at the comic strip on your post, are you also gunna make him a flag?)

Not sure about the flag Gag. I'm thinking i might make him like he's standing on level ground, as opposed to a crater edge or something so I can display him on his own if I want to.

Some progress made on the afternoon of my forced hiatus from Supanova.

Anyway..

I've put MDF edging on the base as you can see.
Its just taped in position for dry fit purposes. I'm going to paint a background on the backdrop for a bit of depth.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

And I've also made the skeleton of Spaceman Spiff

IMG_0242.jpg

I'm going to do the sculpey and if the dimensions aren't right, I'll just rebuild the skeleton

Paint the sides of the MDF white and the cut edges black. That will give it the feel of being a frame out of a comic strip.

Thats not a bad idea at all. I've been thinking of my colour schemes, and thats probably the frontrunner at the moment

Started the sculpt of Spiff.
Those of you that know Spiff, any opinions would be valued as to the likeness.. this is my third try.
I'm now thinking the nose is a bit big.
Translating 2 D into 3 D is difficult...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

The glasses are a card mockup at the moment. I'll make them out of styrene and fit them after firing also.The head comes off and will be fixed, along with the arms, when firing is complete.
I'm going to sculpt his blaster out of sculpey as well and fire that in the hand. I think the other hand will be holding a flag pole.. not too sure yet

Latest posts

Back