So, Who's Done ???

I can get the polar bear done this weekend or next. It was the easy one. The Godzilla dio will get some serious work this weekend.

King Gidrah is moving forward, but very slowly..... It will be done either right at the dead line or not at all.....

Grendels said:
King Gidrah is moving forward, but very slowly..... It will be done either right at the dead line or not at all.....
You'll get there, John. I have faith.

Was well on track but then i just hit the wall................massive mojo explosion has killed the incentive, hopefully should be able to give myself a kick up the butt and get it done tho!!!

`Boots`

I'm nowhere near done. I should have been on my third or fourth build by now. Instead I'm still staring at my Jagdpanzer and wondering what on earth to do about it. Perhaps I should have aborted the build a month ago and concentrated on getting the other builds done but to late for that. Don't even know if new entries are accepted this late in the contest...

I really hope those of you who have lost the mojo can find it, I am really looking forward to you all finishing your builds and entering. Think about the over $4000.00 in prizes gentlemen, that doesn't include any of the other stuff that staff may have gathered up behind the scenes in secret to give away as well. By merely entering you have mega chances at winning something, by not entering... well your chances are reduced greatly. LOL

As far as the cut off for entries, you have until zero hour to enter, as long as it fits the rules. If you can snap a photo of an unfinished kit and the date and build it to completion in a couple of days, you can enter on the 28th.

C'Mon fella's, get back to those benches and wrap 'em up, you've got almost three full weeks! Please don't give up, this contest isn't any fun without all of you in it.

;D

Don't worry I haven't give up yet! I have today and all of tomorrow set aside for King Gidrah!

LOL Praise the lord ! 8)

I feel MOJO in my Veins !!! :-\

Sorry.... but... I got to give it to KEN, our Motivator.... !!! that was quite the speech !!

If I remember Scott..... he mentioned.... the goal was completion not perfection !!!

so that's what I am aiming for.... trying new stuff.... having fun till the END !!! then its up to the Gods of Styrene !!!

In Glue We Trust ! so say we all ! ... ... ... ...

ScaleModelMadman said:
I really hope those of you who have lost the mojo can find it, I am really looking forward to you all finishing your builds and entering. Think about the over $4000.00 in prizes gentlemen, that doesn't include any of the other stuff that staff may have gathered up behind the scenes in secret to give away as well. By merely entering you have mega chances at winning something, by not entering... well your chances are reduced greatly. LOL

As far as the cut off for entries, you have until zero hour to enter, as long as it fits the rules. If you can snap a photo of an unfinished kit and the date and build it to completion in a couple of days, you can enter on the 28th.

C'Mon fella's, get back to those benches and wrap 'em up, you've got almost three full weeks! Please don't give up, this contest isn't any fun without all of you in it.

;D

I`ve just considered my butt well and truely kicked Ken........LOL, no worries bud, i`ll be at the finishing line, just work issues sucking all the pleasure out of the hobby at the mo ;D

`Boots`

`Boots` said:
I`ve just considered my butt well and truely kicked Ken........LOL, no worries bud, i`ll be at the finishing line, just work issues sucking all the pleasure out of the hobby at the mo ;D

`Boots`

Well mate, last I looked your build was straight up class, I'd hate to not see it on voting day is all.

Take your time to find your mojo...

as long as it doesn't take too long bud. ;D

Hee Hee.................no worries buddy, that second wind is just waiting round the corner............certainly not to far from the finishing line now, i`ll make a promise that she`ll be there on the day...... ;D

`Boots`

well, like I said i've finished mine, and I know it may not win, but this has been a lot of fun. This is my first contest of any kind, ive only been in the hobby for roughly six months, and ive never seen such a supportive and helpfull community in my life. Thanks for all the fun so far guys.

Rock-On Brotha' !! That's why were ALL here !! Havin' Fun trading Techniques & Intel & Scrapin' Plastic !!!

Knowing the feeling, IBCrazy8220.
This contest let me get a couple of builds I wanted to do out of the queue, and I've had fun doing them.

IBCRAZY8220 said:
well, like I said i've finished mine, and I know it may not win, but this has been a lot of fun. This is my first contest of any kind, ive only been in the hobby for roughly six months, and ive never seen such a supportive and helpfull community in my life. Thanks for all the fun so far guys.

Entering this contest was Half the battle! Building to have fun and learn new tricks is all this is about!

Not winning! Winning the friendship of others will outlast any prizes.... Good luck with all of your entries!

Norm.

Out!

schweinhund227 said:
IBCRAZY8220 said:

Entering this contest was Half the battle! Building to have fun and learn new tricks is all this is about!

Not winning! Winning the friendship of others will outlast any prizes.... Good luck with all of your entries!

Norm.

Out!

Agreed!!!

Well I originally was going to do two kits, but the mirage took the nose dive'o doom last month and that kinda popped my modelling sail for a while. Then life took over, getting wife graduated and taking all of her certifications for respiratory therapy, changed shifts at work. Finally everything has kinda calmed down and now I can at least get kshatriya finished.

ScaleModelMadman said:

Don't worry, I haven't given up just yet...

I guess I'm just feeling a bit down, that's all. After nearly a decade working exclusively on models for the tabletop, I've got the strange feeling that my skills are entirely insufficient for this. I guess it comes down to the difference in detail between a typical Warhammer 40K tank and a scale tank. In 40K I can get away with slapping just about anything on an Ork tank. But when modelling a tank that's supposed to represent something real, I can't do that. And I've found that my eye for detail is completely wrong. I keep wanting to add tons of gubbinz to the Jagdpanzer, but I just can't make it look right. I've spent the last few weeks just turning the model over and over in my hands, not really knowing what to do about it...

Ahh, well... I'm taking it as a learning experience. And I do need some serious training in scale-modelling before tackling the big projects waiting in the corner of my room...

The Bug is about finished. It has to be done first as it has to be sent to my Niece in Minnesota for her birthday before a week before the end of the contest. The Bf-110 is almost done, just need to finish up the rest of the paint and apply decals. And the All Open entry has been done, just need to send entry fee for it and pics.

;D

Latest posts

Back