So what's out there similar to Ma.K?

Daf57

More Jerry Cans!!
Hey guys!

So I've really gotten hooked on the Ma.K models!! I guess at this moment in time I'm more about robots and such than cars and planes. They are so well done and enjoyable to build. Got kits piling up. :D

So what other model kits are out there that are similar to Ma.K subject matter? Kind of steam punk, post apocalyptic robots/machines ... great vessels for weathering and such! You know what I mean? What else am I missing! :)

Thanks!
Daf

I can't think of anything very similar to Ma.K. per se but look up Dust models, they have some really cool walkers and such, a little pricey from my memory as they are full resin kits I believe but they have some really cool subjects.

Okay - thanks, Ken! I checking them out now! That NIGHTWATCH kit is pretty cool!

I might have misunderstood the question but, if I got it, I think that kit-bashing ans scratchbuilding are the best ways to build such models (steam punk, post-apo, futuristic,...).
So your imagination is the one and only limit.

And excuse-me if that was not the question...

I would highly suggest Battletech, been around since the mid eighties and it is western based unlike the japanime stuff that I could never stand.

Do an ebay search in the model section for robotech and then ignore all the macross stuff. You are looking for the Revell models.

Dorvack is very similar to Ma.K. Bulky powered armor suits, based off an 80s anime. You can get them on hobby link japan. They're pretty decent kits and not as pricey as Ma.k, even as imports. But also not as detailed.

Dorvack is way cleaner and more cartoony than Ma.k
Dust is more like WWII panzer with legs, cool but not ma.k
Other Yokoyama things come close, like Blechmann and Robot Battle V
Anything Makoto Kobayashi is close too, they made similar models (even together).
And Junk Tank Rock comes close too.

But most stuff that really looks alike is just resin and expensive.

Robot battle V is coming with 1 plastic kit next year, but the rest either resin or scratchbuilding.

Which is what I would recommend, scratchbuild/kitbash based on those designs.

I can send you a link with many pictures of similar, organic robot stuff, pm me if you're interested ^_^

samir3050 said:
I would highly suggest Battletech, been around since the mid eighties and it is western based unlike the japanime stuff that I could never stand.
Huh ...what? Battletech is western based...? it`s straight from macross.

john fields said:
Huh ...what? Battletech is western based...? it`s straight from macross.

I think what he's saying is simply that Battletech, (originally Battledroids) was created by two American authors, Jordan Weisman and L. Ross Babcock and was launched by their company FASA, in Chicago Illinois.

Yikes, I guess my subscription to replies is not working!

Thanks for the additional info! Sorry for the delay in replying.

Beork - PM inbound - thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back