Small Macross Build Finished up...

derex3592

So this is my 1:100 Phalanx Destroid from Macross I finished up this weekend. I normally do NOT do so well with small Macross kits...they are very challenging to me because they are kits from the 80's, reissued in the 90's and don't fit together all that well. (and I'm not brilliant at getting rid of seams--I freely admit it!). Also they are a bear to paint right! So I'm pretty happy with the way this little guy turned out! Was gonna weather him...but decided I liked the "clean look" too much! He's only about 6 inches tall. So pretty small. Also my first outing using almost all acrylic paints--not totally in love with them over enamels--but they sure are easier to airbrush quickly and cleanup!

Enjoy..comments welcome..still need to touch up a couple of areas that I didn't even notice until I saw the pics!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice looking
Love how they look with the pods open all those warheads sitting there

That build has no business looking as good as it does, being an 80's reissue and all! Great work, love Macross stuff!

Killer build man! I know how tuff those old macross kits can be you did an awesome job!

Latest posts

Back