SMA BSC #2: 1/4222 Ertl Star Destroyer

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
My second entry for the Big Spring Contest: a super-detailed Ertl Star Destroyer! So far I have my domes and scribing guide as well as some new parts from Odyssey Slipways to try out. The hangar replacements and engine nozzles look incredible. This build will of course be LIT with LEDs and fiber optics much the same as my Errant Venture build from a couple years back. At this point in the build I’ve just begun shaving/sanding the hull pieces in preparation for the scribing. I’m still on the fence with how to go about the bridge, whether or not to pick up Arvey’s parts, 3D print a new bridge set or just scratch build it….I’m leaning towards #2 believe it or not. It could very well turn into a Cosmos Models product if it’s successful…

avgr_img_7722.jpg

avgr_img_7724.jpg

avgr_img_7728.jpg

avgr_img_7729.jpg

avgr_img_7730.jpg

avgr_img_7731.jpg

avgr_img_7725.jpg

Ha! Well mine was certainly a typo, I meant to wright 'Nice one' lol. We're buds and all that Nick but I think Nude pics could be going a bit too far :p

LoL I figured. The U and I are as close as the C and D. At first I thought maybe you meant a Nude Star Destroyer, which is what this'll be :p

Going to be an excellent looking build when you get her done, Nick.
I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together

nicholassagan said:
LoL I figured. The U and I are as close as the C and D. At first I thought maybe you meant a Nude Star Destroyer, which is what this'll be :p
LOL ;D

Slow start. But it’s a slow BIG step. I shaved down the raised grid work on both the main hull pieces now. Some spot-applied putty was needed because there were some divots and other oddities. It’ll be best to have a smooth of a surface as possible to add the panel lines and other details.

avgr_img_7807.jpg

avgr_img_7808.jpg

avgr_img_7876.jpg

avgr_img_7877.jpg

The hangar material was also removed to make way for the new pieces.

avgr_img_7809.jpg

Yeah man! I'm going to do it using scribing guide decals I designed. Did it on my Errant Venture a couple years back and it's totally worth the work!

Sweet. Great work.

I too am interested in how this shapes up. I have the kit in the stash but nothing more for it.

Latest posts

Back