SMA BSC #2: 1/4222 Ertl Star Destroyer

More slow progress on shaving the parts down. All the superstructure walls were completely shaved down to the bare surfaces. There were a handful of “ledges” that needed to be cut down. I still need to sand them down a bit, putty, and sand once more before they are ready for the decals. I also decided to go ahead and try doing the bridge as a 3D print as opposed to getting the Arvey resin set (as I have yet to hear back from Jon). I might also decide to do the turrets and bays in 3D because even if I could scratch build the little turrets, there’s no way I could make 8 identical ones.

avgr_img_7882.jpg

avgr_img_7884.jpg

avgr_img_7885.jpg

avgr_2014-03-11-1.jpg

avgr_2014-03-11-2.jpg

avgr_2014-03-11-3.jpg

Nice work man, really cool.

You're using Sketchup? I'd like to get into 3d printing sometime. I'm very familiar with Sketchup.

Yup. I always use SketchUp. The 3D guys HATE it and every time I mention it they chide me. But just about everything I've done in 3D has come through that program so joke's on them. :D Just like anything, if you know the system well enough you can make it work.

The details on those kit parts are very, very weak... Now I know why everyone Dislikes this kit.

Nice work Nick! And I suppose when your done you'll have your own after market add on's you can sell too!

Kinda the idea. :D I finished the face and it's ready to print but the rest of the head has some issues....

Another big step completed....A lot of sanding and a lot of decals really takes a lot out of you….

avgr_img_7975.jpg

avgr_img_7984.jpg

avgr_img_7989.jpg

On the plus side I picked up a new Testors scribing pen and it makes a big difference compared to the Hasegawa tool!!

avgr_img_7988.jpg

Also got my fiber optics!! 600ft of .25mm for $20!!

avgr_img_7965.jpg

Wow, that's a pile of work.

So...the decals are the panel lines or do you scribe over them?

Latest posts

Back