Slave One Revell Easy kit pocket

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Revell added some kits in its Easy Kit Pocket line. It's sold in Europe, don't know about the world.

Here is the Slave One. A very tiny one, with ONE big flaw, the Canopy. It can open, don't ask me why, and it totally ruin the effect of the cockpit, detailed, with one little Boba Fett in it.

The Box Art

The instructions

The parts

All in all, the other parts are well engineered, but the painted parts need to be re-done, or improved. That's what I've done.

First a wash with citadel colors on the runners.

Then a simple fit test of the big parts. I know the green part will not be easy to make a perfect fit. Glue, putty and patience will be on the program. That's a pity since I love the result with a simple wash coat.

A pick view with my hand, to appreciate the scale and size of this kit.

All the parts are assembled, some glued, some not. Here is the first result.

THe tiny Boba is painted, it wasn't easy but I've done it. From a distance, you can recognize him with its colors.

I like the way the bottom look, I really don't add much on it. Some red, maybe, like the triangle sign...

What the instruction didn't mention is that the base can hold the Slave one in flight or landing position.

Stay tune for the rest of the building process... :)

Pretty cool. Most of those pockets kits really are quite nice even if they are in odd scales. I think this one scales out to around 1/160

As you can see with the pictures of the parts in the bag, yes, pre-painted... :)

My, my... believe it or not I didn't know the Slave One was a Firespray vessel... Thank you nicholassagan :D

That's a nice looking little Slave-1(tm) and I am surprised because I have always walked right past their "Pocket kits". Maybe I should re-think that. :)

Almost all the Easy kit pocket line is EXCELLENT !

The only kits you should avoid are :
Nabo Starfighter
Star Destroyer

The Tie fighters are ALL excellent, the X wing is top notch, the Sith infiltrator is hyper detailed, the Gunship, ARC-170 and Jedi Starfighters are the coolest Etc.

Thanx for the info, Youli...
I can see that the Star Destroyer is super tiny, but what is wrong with the Naboo fighter?

It's tiny, not accurate, and not worth the money it cost.
It's as bad as the tiny AMT model kit from 1999.

I put some putty and sanded and did again the painting and weathering.

It stars to be a little too heavy maybe. But the weathering and painting job is not complete yet :)
At last the gaps are not visible.

DSC04277_zps7884168b.jpg
DSC04278_zpsb8691638.jpg
DSC04279_zps57b0cef1.jpg

Latest posts

Back