She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy

Thank you all.

The Leia figure is the old Hans body with Luke's head on it

Makes sense, they were twins after all.

Gwaaaaaaaaa lol

Great now i have an image of a womans body with luke 's head on it,ewwwwww :-X

Underlord: The extra parts are from my previous mpc falcon,i might have another seated luke somewhere, i'll have a look for you. :)

Another small update,i have the next two days off so i should get a little more done. ;D
Painted some of the panels top and bottom,still have a few panels to paint and to clean up a before i give the hole thing a very light wash with black.

I seem to be doing this build willy nilly so bear with me.
Upgraded the guns a little bit with some white card.

It really isn't my week for pictures,for two days i have been taking pictures of the build up to show you all and how i fitted the lights amongst other things and either my camera or my PC has stolen a load of them or i have stupidly deleted them ::),one of those two,i'm annoyed really so sorry the rest of the build wont be as good as i had hoped for.
I had images of all the lights in rows at the back,huh anyway here's what i have. :'(

The top was mostly finished here,the bottom needed a lot more weathering.

The streaks where done by watering down black paint and using a flat brush gently brushing downward in a line.

Ignore the pink brush,they were not my first choice. :D

The radar dish.

To form the effect around the pods i used a pencil and drew the shapes on and painted decal fix over them to make sure it will not rub off.

The pods where a terrible fit once again so i had to fill in the gaps and re paint these areas.

I have had seethrew plastic stuff for years now,i don't know what it is but it is cool stuff, i glued this on top of the plastic grid you get with the kit,it is metallic in colour but lets all the led light out.

Here is the biggest chunk of images that went missing so i have to go straight to the lights after they where fitted,sorry!. :-[
For the cockpit i used 10 LED battery operated White Light String ,i cut 4 of the leds form it and used 3 to light the cockpit and 3 to light the gun ports

To light up the back i used another battery operated 40 x White LED Light String.
I placed 10 leds across the top and bottom and 20 through the middle to spread the light out.
I did have better images.

The battery boxes fit in the back part here.

The falcon runs on giant Duracell batteries. ;D

I still have some things to do to it and add a base so it's not finished yet. :)

Thanks for checking it out.

Another thing i have been working on and was going to show a little build up of before i lost all the images was an old falcon pencil sharpener i have, i removed the sharpener and filed down the body and got around to painting it.
I guess i'll show it here instead.

Definitely nice work on that.
Engine light's a little uneven, but the rest looks really good.

Nice use of pencil for your panel lines there

Thanks!.

Grendels: I might finish before you but i bet mine wont be as accurate as your will. ;)

Quaralane: I understand what you mean about the lights,the lights are even it's the metallic covering i used,it seems to warp the leds light.
To be honest it looks much better in person.
:)
Side view

This is what mean when i say it warps the leds
<embed src="http://img11.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Phrk" width="640" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

The back lights also flash
A serious warning, this video does contain flashing images
<embed src="http://img24.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pg5nm" width="640" height="500" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

It appears as though you are the only one who has gotten a real progress on their falcon...i havent even thought about how im about to go about mine. PS> your figures came out really great! the running c3po is awesome.

Java, it's looking mighty fine! It looks like you painted most all the subassemblies prior to final assembly; how did that work out? I am thinking of putting the sidewalls in place on the lower hull and then dropping the upper hull after most of the paintwork is done. I'm concerned about getting good paint into the area between the mandibles and I don't want to run into problems with huge gaps after the paint has been done. You've done a fine job with your paint-before-assembly method.

Thank you everyone.
I haven't been able to get on here the last couple of days,my computer wouldn't bring up the forum until today. :-\

Joseph Osborn: Painting the subassemblies before assembly works out nicely really,not sure how putting the sidewalls in place on the lower hull will work out :-\ it might turn out easier, i have only ever put the side walls in after i glued the two parts of the body together that's just because i think that this method is easier but i all comes down to personal choice :),the only problem i came across by doing it the way i did it ,there was a small gap to the left back side of the engine where the clear parts go and when i glued the four trapezoid parts around the pods there were gaps near the bottom of each part, i just used a little putty and filled them in then gave it a lick of paint,looks fine now.

Dont laugh to much at the image i did quickly on paint.

I came across no other problems with the walls, they fitted nicely with no gaps and the mandibles went in with no problems too, i cant see you having an problems with mandibles once they are in place.

Latest posts

Back