She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy

java

No disintegrations
Hey everyone,got started on the falcon yesterday,i'm not really sure how much modding or upgrading i am going to do,i'm not planning much but you never know,Might add some lighting :-\
I'll be basing mine on the empire strikes back 122x 173 x61 cm movie model.

OK first i added some greeblies to the rear area,side and top near the cockpit also around the turrets

Next i built the bulky parts underneath, this is where the other pair of landing feet come out from.
Ignore the landing gear doors and the bottom turret hole for the moment,i bought this kit a year or so back from ebay and the seller never said he had tried to build it,he really sucked at it you could not see through the turret window it was caked with plastic glue,so i had to cut out the window and snap and re glue the land gear doors.

I applied putty underneath the inside at certain areas around the falcon so that when i drill holes and damage the hull,if i am to light it no light will leak from the damaged areas.

And lastly i used the dremell to achieve the damage around the hull.

Yeah light her up!!!

I am lighting up mine... But first, she needs a cockpit, not the one that came with the kit.

Freaking love the idea for the cargo pods!!!

You might shoot the interior pieces all black, then white or silver. That will not only block any light you may add, but just as importantly block sunlight, room light and any other ambient light from creating subsurface scattering (that effect when you hold a flashlight up to your finger). Plastic does it too and kills the illusion of 'metal' solidity.

And there is the SMA LEDTape Exclusive for them engines (if you don't mind me tooting my own horn a moment! lol)

Great start Java! I fully expect you to place this in a post nuclear dio, with a big mech dude ripping it to shreds!! ;D

fumblethumbs said:
Great start Java! I fully expect you to place this in a post nuclear dio, with a big mech dude ripping it to shreds!! ;D

;D ;D Maybe Luke Skywalker turns to the dark side an hits a ton :)

Cheers guys, yeah i have a plan to light it but you know how plans always find a way to bite you in the rear. ::)

Grendels: My cockpits gonna recive a little make over too. :-*

ModelMan: I will give the interior a couple of coats of black,that should do the trick,hopefully.
And there is the SMA LEDTape Exclusive for them engines (if you don't mind me tooting my own horn a moment! lol)
I dont mind you mentioning the LED Tape,whats my percentage for helping you sell it. ;) :p

fumblethumbs:
Great start Java! I fully expect you to place this in a post nuclear dio, with a big mech dude ripping it to shreds!!

:D stop putting crazy ideas in my head.

Just a small update.
Sorry the pics are not to good i didn't realise they were a little blur until just now,i think my camera was having a tantrum.

Painted and added a little weathering to the parts that fit under the body.
First i painted them a dark metallic colour then dry brushed a silver over that and finally brushed white over the silver.

Next up i built the cockpit using the chairs from the other falcon,i made the front from putty and added a few greeblies,the doorway is the one from the kit but i cut the door out and added some card around it for a better movie look to it :-X i also left a strip of the clear plastic unpainted so that it will let more light in when lit.
I'm not to worried about the appearance of the doorway because you can hardly see it once it`s done.

OK the crew.

The Leia figure is the old Hans body with Luke's head on it :D and c3po is a small figure painted gold.

;)

Java, dude, I love your style man. Your work is like a musician jamming. you have a real organic..ness.

The figures look great - as does the rest.

DUDE You're screaming through this! Love the work on the figures! where did you snag extras? I've been considering casting the given figures to make more 'cause I haven't found any 1/72 seated pilots with no helmet at my LHS.

This is looking GREAT!

Looking good Java! You've already dropped a ton of work onto that kit it really is an improvement, can't wait to see what else is in store.

Latest posts

Back