SD Zaku II

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Well I've been going absolutely bat crap crazy waiting for my decals to get here for the GM Sniper, so thought I'd crack open this cute little guy and see if I can finish it before they arrive. By the looks of it, that is a definite possibility. Probably be done with it in the next few days. I know a lot of people are not crazy about these SD kits, this will be my first and I happen to enjoy the cartoony style of them. Just a straight up build, no crazy mods, might do something funky with the paint but thats about it.
002-66.jpg
003-62.jpg

So far a really easy build. Took me about 15 minutes to trim parts and glue him together. Still have all the seams to take care of, should'nt be a problem.
007-38.jpg
008-38.jpg

He comes with a couple weapon options and a shield. Got one glued up, have yet to do the others.
009-27.jpg

Thats it for now my friends thanks for checking it out. ;D

Yes!
I have built a few of the SD Gundams, but the step-son and I prefer the fantasy ones from the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms"

ChouhiTop.jpg

ChouhiFront.jpg

GREENBBTop.jpg

GREENBBSide.jpg

GREENBBFront.jpg

Shiba-I-SazabiFront.jpg

Shiba-I-SazabiDetail1.jpg

RsdSazabiTop.jpg

RsdSazabiDetail1.jpg
Sorry about the amount of pix, but I just love these guys, and think everyone else should too. ;D ;D

Well I sort of crapped the bed as far as WIP photos go for this build. Oh well, at least I can call it done. I had only intended on building the Sniper, so I'm pretty happy having completed two builds even though this one was kind of a fly by night build ;)

Well here you have it, my SD Zaku with custom paint job, sorry there are no decals or stickers on him, but as ya'll know, I refuse to put those bandai stickers on my models :p Painted entirely with vallejo model air paints and gave him a glossy finish with vallejo gloss varnish. This is my first real attempt at a glossy finish. It is a little splotchy, but I am pretty pleased with it and I was amazed at how easy it was to spray the vallejo gloss :)
017-7.jpg
016-5.jpg
015-6.jpg
014-13.jpg
013-16.jpg

Gundam is one of my favorite things so I consider this group build to be a huge privilege to take part in. Thanks a whole lot for checking out my builds. Best of luck to everyone. I wish you all a happy holiday and an amazing new year! God bless and good night!

Grendels said:
That came out nice! is the stand scratch built?

Thanks man! Yeah I scratch built that stand last years for a 1/170 Macross kit I had built but unfortunately I dropped the finished model a couple weeks ago and it just completely shattered, not really worth saving. I was bummed about it, but this little guy looks right at home on it so I feel better ;D

I should build more SDs. ;D Nice work!! Very nice base too. IMO it could use another flat coat, but other than that it looks great! Nice job on those seams.

steezy said:
I should build more SDs. ;D Nice work!! Very nice base too. IMO it could use another flat coat, but other than that it looks great! Nice job on those seams.

Thanks man, SD kits are a lot of fun, I definitely want to pick up some more. As far as the paint job, I was actually trying to go for a glossy finish. I generally prefer a matte finish, but just wanted to try something different, and I think its growing on me ;D

Latest posts

Back