Sculpt - The Hunt

This seriously just boggles my mind. It's like watching a Bob Ross painting. "OK, let's make a happy little dino leg. We'll just throw a little clay here...." BAAAMMM! "And there it is." :eek:

Unreality said:
.... It's like watching a Bob Ross painting. "OK, let's make a happy little dino leg. We'll just throw a little clay here...." BAAAMMM! "And there it is." :eek:

Totally not fair!
I have a LOT nicer hair than Bob Ross 8)

Thanks guys :)
I that a lot that I make these things look so easy - but I guess this is just 'cause I'm worse with words than with my hands ;)
Somedays I do have a "run" and the things just come together, almost naturally - other days, like last night, don't work so well - ut of course I'd never mention that in my post :D

Hey guys,

over the weekend I was very productive with the Swamp Thing, and yesterday I had a whole day (vacation) to work on this sculpt :D

Since the last update I decided to really go for the skin texture
0a0c701e-d7a7-49bc-bd47-63a2e5eaa2da.jpg

It is a lot of work, but its kind of meditating and really worth the effort (I think)
IMG_7296.jpg

With the first leg "skinned" and baked I added flesh to the rest of the body
IMG_7320.jpg

also note that I added the front legs (which I initially forgot :p )

With the babe on it
IMG_7321.jpg

also fleshing up the tail (and a first base for the head)
IMG_7324.jpg

And then it was time to add the skin effect
IMG_7327.jpg

There are some sections really hard to reach with the "stamp"
IMG_7328.jpg
IMG_7329.jpg

The one arm broke off in the oven, so he's in a sling :p
But now I'm ready to start with the head
IMG_7330.jpg

Cheers
Klaus

I could only wish to do such work; sculpting is a whole other skill I can't imagine getting good at.
Look forward to more.

Love seeing a sculpt start to take shape and this thing is definitely looking great. Very nice, keep up the great work, truly inspiring.

Latest posts

Back