Sandtrooper Saga Figure

Igard

I picked this toy up a while ago and thought I would re-paint and stick him on a base as a birthday present for my brother.

I glued him in the pose I wanted then filled the seams and sanded the many slight defects that you get with these toys. I only had to add 2 plastic strips to his forearms.

The 'diamond' on the left knee was left as is since I had to work to a deadline.

I scratched the shoulder pauldron. I used some metal foil and cut little shapes. I used a small rivet for the stud. It's quite fragile, but the scale looks good as this should be pretty thin (the roriginal was very thick).

I made some decals for the vents down the sides of the helmet. They turned out a bit small, but I went with it since it would be a massive over-use of decal paper.

I used Tamiya sand texture paint for the base. Expensive, but very quick and easy for a noob like me. :p

I gave him a light Flory wash and then added some light rust (it looked sandy enough when it went on).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Igard,
I think your brother is going to love his present. Nice job detailing a toy into
a collectable figure. Congrats. Bill

He does Bill. :) His birthday was over a month ago now, just took me some time to post this.

It now has a proud place in his display cabinet.

Mind you, the thought did cross my mind to just keep it and buy him a bottle of Rum or something! ;D

I'm glad to hear it. Good thing the "Angel of your Super-Conscious" won out over the
"Monster of your Id". At least you are honest to admit your inner-conflict.
I'm not a "Doctor"...I just play one on TV. HAHA. Bill

Latest posts

Back