Round 2 1/2500 Enterprise C & E

Elm City Hobbies

Well, got a little bored during the Nascar race on Sunday (didn't help that it started 30mins late) so I put together a couple of kits.

Enterprise C
001EnterpriseC-vi.jpg

002EnterpriseC-vi.jpg

003EnterpriseC-vi.jpg

004EnterpriseC-vi.jpg

And Enterprise E

001EnterpriseE-vi.jpg

002EnterpriseE-vi.jpg

003EnterpriseE-vi.jpg

Both kits are the ones you can see in the review:

Sprue View Round 2 1/2500 Enterprise C & E

The kits go together pretty well. The E needs a little sanding where the saucer meets the next to get it to fit right, but otherwise they go together nicely. Being that they are a snap kit, I modified some of the parts a bit so I can pull them apart to make it easier to paint. Saucer and engines detach from the engineering section. Sub-assemblies were glued, and some seams need to be cleaned up and puttied.

The multitude of decals that come with each kit are daunting a bit, even to the point that certain decals go on in certain layers and then you layer over top. Well....not this guy. Alot of the details will be painted, and only some of the decals will be used.

The Enterprise C, I will have to wait for replacements to come from Round 2, as they left out the 2nd "R" in Enterprise that sits front and center on the upper part of the saucer.

Looks like the 'C' is getting ready for another turn....(leaning to the left.) ;D

Hey, question for ya: i heard the Reliant is also being released soon, will is be the same scale as these or the original scale?

Nope, original scale that it was when it was out long ago.

Here are the specs:

product.jpg

The U.S.S. Reliant has returned in better shape than ever!
The “enemy” ship from the fan-favorite film, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn returns new and improved. Many inaccuracies have been addressed with this release to appeal to modelers both old and new.

* Scale: 1/537
* Skill Level: 2 (ages 10 and up)
* Glue assembly, paint required
* Molded in white, plus clear parts
o Adjusted tooling - removed saucer ridges, thicker saucer, improved bridge dome
o NEW! dome style base
o Marking Decals included
(Aztec decal set available separately)

Scheduled for release in Sept.

The only 1/1000 kit I know of is the Akira class USS Thunderchild....but it is pushed back until 2011 sometime, maybe.

Along with these 2 1/2500 re-releases, the Ent. D is supposed to be out this month, along with a 3pk set with the Ent.TOS, Ent. Refit, and Ent. B.

And December will see the release of the 1/2500 Enterprise from the last movie, and there are rumors of a 1/2500 USS Kelvin.

My plan is to put all 6 of the re-releases, as well as the new movie Ent. all on one display.

(Wiping tears of joy) Thank you sir! I haven't seen a Reliant in years. All the kitsi find on ebay are always scarfed away by someone else. Good to hear that they're improving it. And thanks for the info.
Cheers!

Good to know the Aztec decals will be available separately...I mean sucks if you buy the new kit and have to spend an extra whatever Round 2 decides to charge..but great for anyone who has the original kit on the bench...like me ;D

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:
Good to know the Aztec decals will be available separately...I mean sucks if you buy the new kit and have to spend an extra whatever Round 2 decides to charge..but great for anyone who has the original kit on the bench...like me ;D

I agree - I've got two of the originals in my kit stash and can't wait to get my grubby little fingers on to the new decal sets...

Scott (ECH) - Are you going to be carrying the new Reliant decals?

Probably not specifically, but I will be able to order them for anyone that wants them.

I will have the Reliant kits in once they get released, so I might get a set of the decals to have on hand for the prospective buyer. Haven't seen anything listed with my supplier as of yet for the decals though. Not sure if Round 2 is offering them to their distributors, or just selling them themselves off of their website.

May go back and redo my "Amazon" build once these models/decals are out.
May also even go back and do a ...gasp.... Reliant

Latest posts

Back