Revell Tie Fighter

Wolf Star

Man of mayhem
I wanted to share some "almost done" photos of my Revell Tie Fighter, which I built and completed over the last 2 weeks while I had some down time from work. I added a few tiny details here and there, lit the ion engines and built an asteroid to give it some context. I say it is "almost done" because all I have left to do is take some better photos with better lighting and background because the white managed to wash out the coloration of the Tie and the really nice colors of the asteroid. I will hopefully to more photos tomorrow evening. Thanks to Pixel Magic for kindly sending me a Sherman bogie. I do so many complex scratchbuilds, that this project was fun to build *almost* out of the box. Thanks for looking.

DSCF3622_zps73fb5c52.jpg

DSCF3621_zpsd4e5b8d6.jpg

DSCF3619_zpscb96f74c.jpg

DSCF3616_zps13105b68.jpg

DSCF3614_zpsb168dd61.jpg

DSCF3602_zpsef19ea28.jpg

DSCF3561_zpsad342208.jpg

A couple more for tonight, my camera battery is dead and I need to set up my lighting better.

DSCF3632_zps2befd664.jpg

DSCF3629_zps21175a19.jpg

A few more photos with some natural light. The base is 3 layers of 3/4" MDF primed with Rustoleum flat black and then painted with a metallic sequin black craft store paint, it is quite glossy and deep. The Tie fighter solar panels I painted and streaked with about 3 subtle different shades of black to give the patterns some variation, and finally the hull is a custom mix of intermediate blue, neutral grey, and a touch of duck egg blue. It ended up being a shade or two lighter than the styrene's color, which was exactly what I wanted.
1_zps2d0ecdad.jpg

2_zpsb7ac7af9.jpg

3_zps06570743.jpg

5_zpsdda31c56.jpg

4_zps8f613d24.jpg

6_zps27bc5eaa.jpg

Excellent work.

Is that the big one or the Easy-Kit-Pocket one ?

Thanks Youli. It is a snap kit that is pre-painted, of course I repainted the entire thing. It is fairly good size. I think the # is RMX851875.

With that reference, it seems that's the BIG one... In the Revell line you have two collections, big kits (easy kit) and smaller kits (easy kit pocket) for a fair and reasonable price.

Actually the regular Tie Fighter in the easy kit pocket collection is the bigger of the small ones. :)

Latest posts

Back