Revell TIE Fighter - Studio Model Replica

crowe-t

Here is a project I've been planning for a while, a Revell Tie Fighter.

The Revell Tie Fighter is a pretty decent kit. The overall shape is quite accurate, just some of the details need to be re-worked.

For this build I'm attempting to build a replica of the studio model and not a 'real' Tie Fighter so I removed the cockpit 'glass'.

I started by filling in the panel lines on the cockpit 'ball' section and re-scribed new ones. The kit's panel lines are a bit out of scale and not 100% accurate to the studio models. I also scribed a couple of the lines uneven as they appear on the studio models.

I added some details to the hatch and shortened the 2 outer windows. There are still a few details to add to finish it.

The details on the kit's cockpit front wall were removed and it was re-shaped. I started scratch building a cockpit that matches the studio models.

I made an armature from styrene tubing and 1 mm sheet styrene. It's not a real armature but hopefully will look the part when it's installed.

Today I worked on adding the raised ribs to the edge of one of the wings. I used .75 x .75 mm strips for the outer edges and .75 x 1 mm strips for the center rib.

I'm planning on installing LED's to light the 2 rear engines and possibly an LED to light the interior.

I'll post some more updates as work progresses.

Mike.

IMG_4969_zpszm4uuim7.jpg
IMG_5013_zpsmtcgqbti.jpg
IMG_5014_zpsuvfikuug.jpg
IMG_5015_zpsixq4rv33.jpg
IMG_5039_zpscewldtvg.jpg
IMG_5041-1_zps4vuxqswn.jpg
IMG_5050_zpspen040uc.jpg
IMG_5062_zpsiczwwqeg.jpg

Thanks for the compliments!

Here are some new pictures from today. These pictures show the wingstars extended to the outer edge. I believe this is how they looked in ANH.

Mike.

IMG_5104_zpsgx2uuopv.jpg
IMG_5110_zpszxomv0qg.jpg
IMG_5112_zpsw8ltim9i.jpg
IMG_5114_zpsumkyhfgm.jpg

Latest posts

Back