Revell F 14-A TOMCAT 1:144

trocasan

Hello people, my first post here:)

This is one sad and stupid work. I have started this kit almost a year ago. I was going to brush paint it. It started just well, the kit is great and very detailed. But when it comes to paint the light colored grey under the fuselage, things start to go bad. I decided to give a break. Then I tried to use a spray paint, it was not made for models of course. The result is one shiny-ass tomcat. I almost get rid of the kit. It gathered enough dust on my bookshelf when I decided to use a model spray paint on it. The result is again disastrous. The first coat of acrylic paint began melting under the new coat of paint. I tried to get rid of the paint with some bleach bath for a few days. I worked out for most of the parts. When I used an old toothbrush, I saw that the remaining color just resembles moss and dirt. So I begin to think that this might be a chance to try building a model aircraft that ditch landed after a dog fight. It is just now an ideas and it helped to have a good evening going crazy with paints, glue and exacto knife:)

Here are some photos of the massacre :)

DSCF4013.JPG

DSCF4014.JPG

DSCF4015.JPG

oh here is the song for this:

hey i've just smashed you
and this is crazy
here is an idea
wrecked airplane diorama, maybe?

I feel your pain it's stressful when a project doesn't go the way you intended. I like your idea of doing a crash diorama, gives you a chance to work with some weathering skills without abandoning the kit.

Thats unfortunate, I just dug out a pair of unfinished plane kits that have been on top of a cupboard for probably 2 years, both are heading for the shower now

Ï think it looks OK, Fantastic idea ,you could do alot with what you've got there.....it looks like it crashed into a swamp or something.

rookie said:
Ï think it looks OK, Fantastic idea ,you could do alot with what you've got there.....it looks like it crashed into a swamp or something.

that's exactly what I am planning, a green toned swamp.

Latest posts

Back