Revell 1/72 Leopard 2A6

Are you doing any particular nationality/region of service with it? It's on my build cue; looking forward to your hilights, issues and thoughts on it!

NecronautDrummer said:
Are you doing any particular nationality/region of service with it? It's on my build cue; looking forward to your hilights, issues and thoughts on it!

The kit only provides markings for German in NATO tricolor so that's what I'll be building.

or you could try the Canadian version, but a lot of S'building is required for it. :)

Eastrock said:
or you could try the Canadian version, but a lot of S'building is required for it. :)

That's above my abilities and I like the German version anyways. Someday I want to build a Finnish Leopard 2 in 1/35 using the Echelon transfers. What would be the best kit for that?

On Step 21, sand the inside edge of part B83 (vision blocks) to get it to fit inside the turret. No other issues yet.

I've been skipping around a bit as I wait for the putty to dry. The left side is a single piece attached to the bottom hull, but the right side is made of two pieces.
tumblr_lvi1g3AGt51r7u0bwo1_1280.jpg

SoarinSukhoi said:
Eastrock said:

That's above my abilities and I like the German version anyways. Someday I want to build a Finnish Leopard 2 in 1/35 using the Echelon transfers. What would be the best kit for that?

well here's my list
1. Tamiya
2. Hobby Boss
3. Revell of Germany

you can try to research more, and try to practice S;building to improve the kit. just practice with some scraps eventually you will improve it.

2 cents

Apparently no place has the Tamiya NATO colors in stock in the US so this is on hold until I can purchase them.

US, still got an issue with Tamiya? you could try with Vallejo Model Air Color range, or any particular paints available in you r LHS? you could try the basic color, Nato black is a very dark grey, Nato Green try mixing Olive Drab with yellow. for Nato Brown try adding some hull red or flat earth.

Eastrock said:
US, still got an issue with Tamiya? you could try with Vallejo Model Air Color range, or any particular paints available in you r LHS? you could try the basic color, Nato black is a very dark grey, Nato Green try mixing Olive Drab with yellow. for Nato Brown try adding some hull red or flat earth.

Eyup. I don't see it going away any time soon. I'm not fond of Vallejo paints. I have to order any paints I use. I always fail at mixing colors so I'll just wait till I can obtain some. Do Gunze or Lifecolor make NATO tricolor paint?

It's funny. What is supposed to be a nice simple build turns out to be anything but.
uwkEw.png

I think I hear one of my MiGs calling to me.

I'll try to check with a fellow modeler who uses Gunze range... Life color is not available here in our country, need to other it online.

Latest posts

Back