Revell 1:25 Dodge Challenger windshield fit problems

glennonrp

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I primarily build aircraft models, but my stepson and I were working on his first model, as noted in the title. I am trying to fit the windshield but it doesn't seem to want to go on right. I am very frustrated with this now! Can you offer me any sage advice?

It looks like it is supposed to fit on the outside. The top of the windshield goes okay and the bottom seems to line up, but the sides have huge gaps!!! Am I doing something wrong? I went to a lot of trouble to clean the windshield and coat it with future and now it's got marks on it from me trying to fit it where it won't fit.

Help me, SMAs, you're my only hope.

;D I want to thank SMA for helping me. Immediately after I posted this, I found a set of photos on Flickr of someone building this model.

Go figure.

Even better, it seems the top of the windshield glues to the outside, but the bottom glues to the underside of the model, in the interior.

Go figure.

Okay, so I mucked it up pretty good. Now I know to dry fit, dry fit, dry fit before putting on any glue.

I was going to reply but revell made several challenger kits and wasn't sure what you were talking about ... it must be the "New" challenger. That would make sense that it goes on the outside like the real car, I haven't built that one(yet) .. glad you got it fixed. yes dry-fit will solve a lot of trouble on any revell kit(and others).
I'm still learning that

I barely gave anyone a chance to reply. ::) :D My first post on SMA is not auspicious, but hopefully it won't be my last.

Latest posts

Back