Remove glue on car windows

mmckeon

Hi again, you were so helpful and quick with my glue/ paint question, I have another. Any way to remove model glue from a model car window. I should have waited to out windows in, but I didn't, and in gluing on trim, I got some on the windshield. Again, thanks for any help!

How bad is it ?
The only way is to polish it out -- then probably dipped in a coat of " Future " floor acrylic .

How bad is it ?
The only way is to polish it out -- then probably dipped in a coat of " Future " floor acrylic .
Thanks. Thought of that, haven't tried it before. I have 3,5,7000 grit sheets, would those do the trick?

What kind of glue? A lot of modelers use white glue to attach clear parts.
If it's styrene glue, or CA glue, then do as Momo suggests-polish the area and then coat it with something to fill the fine scratches.
If it's white glue, aka PVA glue, or Microscale's clear parts adhesive, warm water should be sufficient to dissolve the glue and let you wipe it away.

What kind of glue? A lot of modelers use white glue to attach clear parts.
If it's styrene glue, or CA glue, then do as Momo suggests-polish the area and then coat it with something to fill the fine scratches.
If it's white glue, aka PVA glue, or Microscale's clear parts adhesive, warm water should be sufficient to dissolve the glue and let you wipe it away.
Thanks, I used clear glue for window, but there was a trim piece that I had to glue on right above window, must have slipped. I think I'll find an extra piece of window and practice this polishing.

Latest posts

Back