red dwarf

geegad

just wondered if any of you lads have ever seen this program..don't know if it made it state side

i watched it when i was in London back in 94 and man it was rubbish then :D not my cupo tea

Yes! Love the show! KERA in Dallas carried it for years in the "British Comedy" block on Sunday nights. It pops back into rotation here and there occasionally. I'd like to see it again.

I understand they did some sort of a "reunion" show?

Daf

Daf57 said:
Yes! Love the show! KERA in Dallas carried it for years in the "British Comedy" block on Sunday nights. It pops back into rotation here and there occasionally. I'd like to see it again.

I understand they did some sort of a "reunion" show?

Daf

they did back to earth. Three eppisode mini-serise (serise 9) and this year the uk T.V. channel dave aired red dwarf X

Definitely had a unique sense of humor, even for british TV.
But, then, I was more accustomed to the Doctor, myself

I am a brit myself and I liked it to start with, but it carried on far too long, it lost its humour, the reunion episode was painful to watch, just awful, and since I don't own a tv I happily missed RDX.

i agree they lost it there to old ....they should have left it when rimmer left the first time

I watched the original series when it started in England in the early 90's, It started to go a bit south after the writing duo of Rob Grant and Doug Naylor split their patnership. Season 7 was the first to be written with only Doug Naylor and other writers doing the scripts.

It was during this season that Rimmer left the show the first time like geegad said and i agree with him , that this is where it lost.......it. It was still watchable but just didn't have IT anymore

I do have to recommend the Book though, Red Dwarf, Omnibus Edition, Better than life. Very funny book ;D, a must for any Red Dwarf fans

Gag

I read the Better Than Life book way back when I was a wee lad. It was the first book I read that actually had me laughing.

Really loved RD back when it was funny. If I were recommending it to someone now, I'd say finish at season 6. The new series was just not good. I love these actors, and they give it their all, but the writing is far below the standard set pre-season 7.

I don't think I ever saw any of the later shows, they (KERA) may have stopped show it by then. They tended to swap the shows out pretty regular with the exception of MP. I don't remember Rimmer leaving so I may have only been fed the "good" ones. ;)

I always loved the premise of the show and how Cat evolved. :)

Latest posts

Back