Red Dawn 2012

Yes, they re-did the classic... I want to go see it but I'm waiting to see what others have to say...

Previews look good, but I just can't help comparing it to the original cult classic.

Many a star got their start on the original Red Dawn, Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey, C Thomas Howell, Lea Thompson.

Don't know as if the new one will do the same for their careers, mind you the lead already has a pretty sweet gig as his alter ego Thor.

I want to see it, but think by pass the theater and wait till it comes out on DVD.

My office is closed tomorrow but I'm going into work anyways. Too much SMA.com during the week has gotten me behind. ;D I'm not complaining though, I really do love what I do.

Anyways, since I'm going in, I'm going to try and sneak to the theaters and see it tomorrow. If I do I'll let you guys know how it is.

Haven't seen it yet but the pc police probably have ruined it. The enemy was to be china which was plausible. They changed it to north Korea which is a joke. That will relegate this to b movie status. Shame considering the original was quite good

Wolverines!

My friends and I loved the original as kids, it was a really great movie back then, we often talked about how cool it would be to have that happen in our town. ???

Not entirely sure if it would hold up as well now as there are a few movies I've gone back and watched as an adult and thought, 'this isn't quite what I remember' but yeah, Netfilx it or something Scott, it's a classic.

It was the breakout movie for a bunch of the cast for sure, but Patrick Swayze and C Thomas Howell were in 'The Outsiders' a year earlier, and Lea Thompson got attacked in a water park in 'Jaws 3D' and she also played Tom Cruise' girlfriend in that football movie 'All the Right Moves' in the years prior.

So without spoiling anything I will say that there are things about the 2012 version that are better and worse than the original. The movie as a whole is pretty cool and did leave me feeling like I wanted to go home and clean my gun just in case the N. Korean's and Russians invade. Hahaha.

Well, when you grow up... then you'll know these things, Danny. Now get up here and piss in the radiator!

Ken Abrams said:
Well, when you grow up... then you'll know these things, Danny. Now get up here and piss in the radiator!

I will say that there are a number of lines in this movie that were in the original. But I will spoil it, this line is not...

Haven't seen it yet Loved the original it's been on T.V most of the week due to the release of the new one. I am going to see it but not mainly because the special FX look cool.

Latest posts

Back