Rat Fink sculpt

Stargeezer

I found a picture on line yesterday that I really like so I think I'm going to try to do a model of it. It has our finky friend in a deuce with Mini Mouse and a very unhappy Micky running after them. This is the picture. I will post a few pics when I get started.

RatFink.jpg

Now that will be something if you can pull it off :eek:...Look forward to seeing this come to life !

Chris.

I was thinking about useing the body from a 1/18 scale diecast deuce that I have but I decided I want to do the car in the style of the old kits like "Mother's Worry". So I'm going to do the car body, tires and all three figures in Sculpey. I'll scratch build the frame and use a 1/10 scale blown hemi model kit engine for it. I have started a styrofoam mold to sculpt the 32 deuce body on after I get it into the rough shape I'll cover it in aluminum foil and apply the Sculpey to it. Then I'll bake it and the body will be ready. I will post some pics when the body is done.

Sounds like you have the plan!!!! Git Rollin'!!! LOL!!!! ;) Looking forward to it!!! ;D

Well my experiment worked the Sculpey body is started I made a Styrofoam mold for the body wrapped it in aluminum foil and put the Sculpey on the mold. I still have to sand it and add the details like the trim and fire wall but it's a start.
I also have Rat Fink's head done here are some pictures.

RatFink1.jpg

RatFink2.jpg

RatFink3.jpg

RatFink5.jpg

Excellent stuff fella ,I gotta admit I was sceptical too ,but you showed us all !!!! That body will sand nicely into shape ,and the head ....what can I say :eek:....brilliant .

Chris.

I have an update, I'm using parts from a !/18 scale die cast Deuce that I've had for a long time I have all of the parts ready except for the 1/10 scale engine I still have to get it from my LHS. The figures are all finished except for Rat Fink's hands and some sanding and painting. I'm using the frame, front end, interior, wind shield and front wheels from the die cast. I may use the radiator cowl and head lights too. I made some big slicks out of Sculpey and I'm working on the body now. I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

Well here are the latest pictures it's coming together. I'm holding Mickie up for the pics. I still have to do a lot of sanding on the body.

RatFink15.jpg

RatFink14.jpg

RatFink13.jpg

Latest posts

Back