Raising Money for SMA

adampolo13

Hey Scott,

I just watched the December Vid, (I know I am a little slow...) Anyways, I love the fact that SMA is free to the users. It is very obvious how much time you and I am sure others have put into the site. When you mentioned that you were thinking of ways to raise money and you brought up the calender I began to think about stuff that I need to buy on a regular basis for building. I was thinking about spru cutters, xacto blades etc. I think it would be pretty cool if there was a "SMA" brand of tools that we could buy. Just a thought...

Happy new year, and happy modeling!

Thanks for the thought. The main concern with developing an SMA branded line of anything is the inherent startup costs involved.

i think that would be a huge job to get going, so mabe a paypal Donate button would be the best option, I know some around here would donate so mabe somthing to Concider Scott.

Doesn't look like many ideas posted. I've donated to SMA a few times, tried to get a fund going to get Scott a new camera at one time so he could do better videos. I remember Scott's video back in 2009, think his first or second episode of SMA, he said he didn't want to make this like a job, let's not make it one for him. We need to help keep it alive. I suggest that so many people sell and trade on the forum, how bout a donation included for posting your sale or trade just in that particular forum. Nothing major, it could help. That's my impute. ;)

Generate a SMA "cookbook" if you will. A compilation of the best posts, offering the best guidance and examples for the various challenges associated with modeling. I'm not always "connected" to the net and even when I am...its usually through a smart phone which has its own inherent issues when navigating pages (font/0)....and I would jump on a paperback resource or even a PDF for a reasonable price.

Goosberry Patch Cookbooks, local church publications, small trade orgnaizations....they all drum up some $$ using this approach. Bet you could challenge the membership here to draft and submit articles. For the simple cost of recongnition of authoriship....you'd have a staff of writters at your disposal.

Even if you sold hard copy....you could bill in advance of shipment and then fund the production costs with positive cash flow! Eventually generating operating capital with margin to make your first stocking buy!

Just sayin....

Latest posts

Back