Quick painting question regarding add on stowage sets

Carsenault

Getting ready to start spraying some color on my LAV-III and I was wondering about what sequence to paint and attach the stowage sets. Should I...

a) pre paint the stowage set parts and kit parts separately then attach together?
b) pre paint the stowage set parts, mask them off and attach to kit parts prior to painting the hull/turret?
c) attach stowage parts to kit then paint?
d) temporarily attach stowage set then paint kit, remove stowage set to paint separely then re-attach permanantly.

Thanks in advance.

ps: Could anyone point me in the right direction for colors to paint the various ruck sacks, back packs, sleeping bags, tarps and other equipment carried by Canadian Army LAVs in Afganistan?

Everybody does it differently. Do it however you feel comfortable. I've seen some guys attach everything and then paint it. I personally prefer to paint the tank and the other stuff separate and then attach it prior to weathering.

i leave it all off paint the tank and put it on then weather the bejasus out of it :)

Yeah, I paint all my stowage separately then add later, usually after washes, but before pigment/dust weathering.

Latest posts

Back