Question on metal figures...

Jeeves

My kids are getting into The Lord of the Rings so I thought it would be fun to get a couple figures to paint so we can do some LOTR roleplaying. I have one figure of Sauron that is in a front and rear half-- white metal I am assuming- any ideas on what to use to glue the halves together and for filling gaps afterwards??

Yeah superglue is what is usually recommended for GW's white metal minis. However some metal models benefit greatly from pinning them together with brass rod etc. before gluing them.

All the LotR models are being produced in resin now as the company have discontinued almost all use of white metal, so it might be worth getting some of the models in their resin versions as it's easier to work with, but beware of bad casts and be sure to contact GW's customer service if you get any bad casts so they can replace them :)

Thanks guys!

The Fellowship of the Ring set I bought are plastic-- it is just this Sauron the Necromancer piece that is metal...there aren't any appendages per se to attach-- just the large front half to the rear half...I have some gel type CA that I might try first....

Latest posts

Back