Question about Materials

shinobix

One spru at a time.
Hey All,
I'm new to the forum, and am hoping that someone on here can help me out with a supply / demand issue that I'm having.

I live in London, Ontario, Canada... That being said, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to pop into my local hobby shop and find certain materials and supplies that I need to do what I'd like to do with my models.

Does anyone know of any stores near London or the GTA that sell thicker styrene sheets? I can find really thin .1mm ones, but for my needs I require something with more heft. I'm about ready to hack apart my kitchen garbage bin to get the styrene I need... but my wife would kill me if I did.

Also, electronics seem a bit difficult to come by as well... LEDs, circuit boards, fiber optics and the like...

I know there's EBay and Amazon, which I will probably have to use, but call me old fashioned... I miss the days of going into a physical store and searching for the materials in person.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Cheers!

I own a hobby shop in the Maritimes, and carry a bit of Evergreen in the store, but only up to .040", but am able to order anything from Evergreen or Plastruct.

Thickest Evergreen goes to is .125 (3.175mm), they also have .100 (2.54mm), .080 (2.032mm), and .060 (1.524mm)

If you can't find it up there, give me a shout, I can always order it in for you.

For sale signs, beware of dog signs etc... all made from styrene. Variety of thickness's.

Sign shops usually stock styrene for sign making; ask if they'll sell you some - likely.

Electronics are best found on Ebay or the internet. Here in the states we have a store called Radio Shack. They sell LED's in a package of two for $4. On Evilbay you can get 200 for $8 with shipping, and resistors.

Wow, great advice guys!! I never would have thought to look at sale signs. There's a sign shop down the street from me, I think I'll give them a visit real soon!

Grendels, we have a store called The Source... It used to be Radio Shack, but they changed. Since the buyout they seem to really only focus on TVs, Cellphones, Videogames, and electronic gizmos... No longer components.

Ebay it is!!

Latest posts

Back