Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

punkpigpen

Hey comrades. so i've had this Salzo studio scale Snowspeeder for everal months and have been putting it off cuz basically "how the hell am i gonna pull this off" goes through my head. but YES it's time. It is HUUUUUUUGE!!!!! should build to over 18 inches. I plan to paint it up as Wedge's snowspeeder with the orangey-red stripes. Most of the work actually i would like to focus on is making the cockpit super detailed with lots of fiber opticss, Leds, possibly leather seat belts and whatever i can scratch up.
One great thing is the resin casting is SU{ERB and it appears to have very little clean up involved for me. barely an airbubble in sight!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Another amazing kit! This is gonna be a pleasure watching you put this one together.

John John!! How many more more surprises are you going to pull out of your Jedi sleeve!! :eek: (been waiting to use that face!) Looks like an amazing kit! I have quite a few reference pics I'll get them uploaded hopefully tomorrow for you mate.

Thanks John! can wait for the pics! hmm what could be next?? actually i have a half done A-Wing in 1/24 scale i need to finish. it got pushed aside when i got my precious Y-Wing.

Studio scale snowspeeder??............I hate you!

It will be great fun to watch you work your magic on this one punk!

Fully detailed and lit cockpit? Too cool for school brother!!

Nice one here. I have my first studio scale kit in the mail right now, Captain cardboards x-wing. No telling when I will build it, I have to get more comfortable with working with resin first.

So keep these post coming so I can learn.....

You've got some serious Star Wars Kits!!! I'm Lovin It!!! ;D

Looks like a well done kit.
I look forward to seeing this one as it comes along

Building studio scale at such rate, You might soon face a problem of where to put yourself - be carefull, bro, they take much space! LoL ;D
One new awesome ss build is coming here, I sence. Waiting for more!))

well you see some people have 20-30 kits on the shelf waiting to build one day. i just invest and only ever have 1-2 in waiting so its the same really. i just enjoy resin kits and the challenges. plus studio scale plus star wars fullfills my childhood dreams!!!
ok so, its gunna be weird again because as usual there is no instructions and im trying to figure out if the cockpit walls attach to the bottom body or if one of these parts is the floor...hmmm...i really need reference. aaargh.

Its a pretty exciting kit, filled with tons and tons of detail. cast really crisp. i spent a couple hours today simply doing some research on wedge's snowspeeder and the general look and layout of the cockpit. i made s folder on my computer filled with snowspeeder pics from the movie, studio model and other uilds of my same kit.

Very good punk. Researching a specific build can be a fun aspect of the hobby too eh? Let the games begin on the super slidin' snow speeder!

i do like the research. it think its all part of the hobby wether you build sci-fi or armor, etc..

PpP ,

I hear ya on th research. I can easily spend as many, if not more Hours on researching a particular subject than hours building & finishing it. For Me, I really dig th research ! It really doesn't matter the Subject, Sometimes I find my self spending more time researching if the Subject is slightly rare , or sometimes it just ends up that there's not that much research on that particular subject , you get stumped &spend time trying to track down leads & reference material etc.

Rock-On Dude !! I'm lookin forward to seein th Speeder come alive !

Latest posts

Back