Pulling out

redraider56

I'm gonna have to pull out of the contest. Life's throwing quite a bit my way and I've gotten very little building so far this summer and time is rapidly running out. Seems like I've been sick almost every other week and I just havnt had the energy to do anything. Im just starting to back in the swing of things, but just not enough time for what I wanna do.....til next year I guess

Keep up the good work!

Don't shelf the kit.....keep at her and give us up dates on the other regular post..... The model still needs to be completed.... If not now.... A few weeks or months..... Will be here waiting....

Later buddy! And good luck with all your endeavors.

Starting to wonder I even started such an ambitious project. Its just been sitting on the bench preventing me from starting anything else.....its turning out to be much more work than I had anticipated

I sympathize. I got a small kit done for my first entry, and thought I would start/finish a second one. Turned out to be challenging kit for me, with very small fiddly bits (an engine in 1:72 scale should not have 38 parts) and then other facets of my life intervened (again). Now I'm off the rails...

Just a thought - If you're game we should have a "this is your finish line" topic for all the guys (like me) that couldn't quite finish on time.

Keep working on it - I know I will.

JMac

I am with the others, just go ahead and work on her a little bit at a time. But again this is suppose to be about fun, so do this only if it is fun! If not, set her aside and do something else.

well sometimes no matter how we tried... we still unable to get to the finish line, its not the end of the road we just have to give ourselves "TIME"

Hey Red
Sorry to hear about your health issues.
I feel for you, looks like I`m in the same boat but workwise.
Lost too much time because of the move at work and the move in.
Just keep going on the project at your own pace. If I remember it`s the B-17 dio.

Don't pull out!

Just do what you can and enter that. Even if you don't win a whole category, you might win something small...and something's better than nothing!

The robot for the piece I'm making is finished, but the base it'll be on and the dog figure that goes with it isn't. And, if the worst comes to the worse, I'll just put the robot up and hope for the best...and if I don't win anything then, so what? At least I tried... :D

Just keep going, is all I'm trying to say...

O I'm not giving up on it, its just itll probly be sitting here awhile yet. I've put way too much time and research into this thing and it would e nonsense to just scrap it. An estimate on the research would probly be 15 days a month for the last 4 years....everytime I get bored I just keep looking stuff up and just last week found new pictures that helped me greatly.

I'm starting to get back in the swing of things now, but with the deadline 8 days from now theres no way in hell this thing will be even close to done. I wonder if I'm trying to do too much with it,,,,

Just do what you can, Redraider56.
See how close you can get, and decide from there.

Latest posts

Back