Chris.

Chris S said:
Yeah ...She's looking good Shane ;) And well dirty ,just as they should be ;D

Chris.

i like them dirty ;) :p

cheers mate

shane

That's Awesome Shane!!!!

However My IPMS model club would tell you that the actual color of the aircraft you are depicting wouldn't be white. It may look like it from most photographs, but those aircraft are not accurate.

Here is a photo of the actual color of the aircraft. Notice the difference????

zero_1.jpg

The mixture for this color isn't real difficult. I use a combination of Model master Sac Bomber tan, and black. But not too much black.

I normally mix the 2 colors like I would with my airbrush. If you know the basic mixture for an airbrush, it would be 60% pigment, 40% thinner.....3 parts paint 2 parts thinner is the easier way to say it :p so I would mix 3 parts Sac Bomber tan and 2 parts black...... I hope I'm not confusing you?!?!?!?! :O It took me a minute to process it through when I was learning to build Japanese aircraft.

You did a Fantastic job though!!!! Japanese aircraft is tricky to build because of colors :p

Hope this advice comes in handy in the future :D How long have you been building???? I'm only 16 and have been building for over 4 years. I'll be working on my own Japanese zero soon. I also have some videos on youtube that might help you with weathering your zero!!!!! :D

Keep on building Shane!!!! :D :D

Matt ;)

Bzzymatt said:
That's Awesome Shane!!!!

However My IPMS model club would tell you that the actual color of the aircraft you are depicting wouldn't be white. It may look like it from most photographs, but those aircraft are not accurate.

Here is a photo of the actual color of the aircraft. Notice the difference????

zero_1.jpg

The mixture for this color isn't real difficult. I use a combination of Model master Sac Bomber tan, and black. But not too much black.

I normally mix the 2 colors like I would with my airbrush. If you know the basic mixture for an airbrush, it would be 60% pigment, 40% thinner.....3 parts paint 2 parts thinner is the easier way to say it :p so I would mix 3 parts Sac Bomber tan and 2 parts black...... I hope I'm not confusing you?!?!?!?! :O It took me a minute to process it through when I was learning to build Japanese aircraft.

You did a Fantastic job though!!!! Japanese aircraft is tricky to build because of colors :p

Hope this advice comes in handy in the future :D How long have you been building???? I'm only 16 and have been building for over 4 years. I'll be working on my own Japanese zero soon. I also have some videos on youtube that might help you with weathering your zero!!!!! :D

Keep on building Shane!!!! :D :D

Matt ;)

Hey Matt

thanks for your comment my man, and for the colour advice it is well appreciated, never knew about that off tan shade, i always went with the common notion that the zero's for the Pearl Harbour raid were a kinda off-white or off-light sea grey mix ??? but thats the great thing of being a member of a model club you have great recouces and wealths of collective knowledge at your disposeal.......thanks for sharing the correct shade BTW :)

Im 21 and ive building sceine i was 7 so ive been building 12-13 odd years abouts
but aircraft arnt really my area of knowledge i normaly build Armor and figures but venture into aircraft modelling ever now and then to try new things ;)

and dont worry buddy i got Airfix's new 1/72 spitfire mk.1 today from my local art/hobby shop
which ill be building in next day or now ;)

cheers mate

shane

Myke said:
That's gonna look great on the shelf!! Nice work

cheers mate, it built up to be a great little kit and would recommend it to anyone

merry christmas

shane

Latest posts

Back