Post Apocalyptic Scopedog Diorama

Stargeezer

Hi guys and gals I'm Back, I have not been able to get online for awhile due to computer problems. I had to get my computer wiz son to breath a little bit more life into the old girl. I have started a new post apocalyptic diorama for the group build. It involves a 1/20 scale Lindberg AMC Gremlin that I have made into a 4WD battle car, a Bandi Votoms 1/20 scale Scopedog and a couple of figures. The Scopedog is knocked out laying on it's back with a skeletal pilot figure in the cockpit. A female warrior of the wasteland is standing over the pilot gun drawn making sure there are no zombie shenanigans going on, her 4wd battle Gremlin parked nearby. I have a few progress pictures to show you let me know what you think.

DSCN4074.jpg

DSCN4077.jpg

DSCN4073.jpg

DSCN4075.jpg

Nice concept! Looking forward to seeing this under some paint! ;)

Great project !

Your skull show some skill of yours... :D

Will you add some spider's web ? This scale can actually work with this tip : take some glue, take a portion between two fingers, expend it you will obtain some arachnid silk, or sot of. It works better with "neoprene". That's what I've done years ago to simulate webs.

colle-neoprene-125-ml.jpg

Forget about superglue or PVA glue of course.

YOULI said:
Great project !

Your skull show some skill of yours... :D

Will you add some spider's web ? This scale can actually work with this tip : take some glue, take a portion between two fingers, expend it you will obtain some arachnid silk, or sot of. It works better with "neoprene". That's what I've done years ago to simulate webs.

colle-neoprene-125-ml.jpg

Forget about superglue or PVA glue of course.

Thanks for the comments guys and for the tip, I was thinking of adding some spider web in the mech's cockpit but I couldn't think of a good way to do it. I have started painting the car then I'll paint and rust up the Scopedog. Then I can add grass and weeds growing around the mech. I'll post more pictures when everything is painted.

Great Idea, I have been looking for mecha in the part of the site for a bit and haven't seen much.

Yes, this is looking like a good story already

I have a few more progress pictures of the Scopedog and the Gremlin, I still have some dry brushing and finish detailing to do on them. I will start painting the interior of the car and the figures next I'm thinking about adding a tree or something.

DSCN4079.jpg
DSCN4080.jpg
DSCN4083.jpg
DSCN4084.jpg

Thanks for all the comments every body, I hope you don't think this is to corny but as I said I decided to add a tree to the diorama. I was thinking about where to put it then I thought the mech has a gun in it's right hand how about the tree growing up through the left one. What do you think to goofy?

Love the work you've done.
Re: the hand/tree.. it depends how long the scopedog's been on the ground..

My Post Apocalyptic Scopedog Diorama is finished I decided to paint the battle Germlin a little different and added the tree. I ended up not putting the tree in the robot's hand I hope you all like it.

DSCN4090.jpg
DSCN4089.jpg
DSCN4087.jpg
DSCN4092.jpg
DSCN4091.jpg
DSCN4086.jpg
DSCN4093.jpg

DSCN4094.jpg

Latest posts

Back