Post Apocalyptic Scopedog Diorama

Stargeezer

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I'm Back, I have not been able to get online for awhile due to computer problems. I had to get my computer wiz son to breath a little bit more life into the old girl. I have started a new post apocalyptic diorama for the group build. It involves a 1/20 scale Lindberg AMC Gremlin that I have made into a 4WD battle car, a Bandi Votoms 1/20 scale Scopedog and a couple of figures. The Scopedog is knocked out laying on it's back with a skeletal pilot figure in the cockpit. A female warrior of the wasteland is standing over the pilot gun drawn making sure there are no zombie shenanigans going on, her 4wd battle Gremlin parked nearby. I have a few progress pictures to show you let me know what you think.

TRM

Reaction score
Nice concept! Looking forward to seeing this under some paint! ;)

Ravhin

Reaction score
This is a great idea. Looking forward to more :)

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Reaction score
Great project !

Your skull show some skill of yours... :D

Will you add some spider's web ? This scale can actually work with this tip : take some glue, take a portion between two fingers, expend it you will obtain some arachnid silk, or sot of. It works better with "neoprene". That's what I've done years ago to simulate webs.

Forget about superglue or PVA glue of course.

Stargeezer

Reaction score
YOULI said:
Great project !

Your skull show some skill of yours... :D

Will you add some spider's web ? This scale can actually work with this tip : take some glue, take a portion between two fingers, expend it you will obtain some arachnid silk, or sot of. It works better with "neoprene". That's what I've done years ago to simulate webs.

Forget about superglue or PVA glue of course.

Thanks for the comments guys and for the tip, I was thinking of adding some spider web in the mech's cockpit but I couldn't think of a good way to do it. I have started painting the car then I'll paint and rust up the Scopedog. Then I can add grass and weeds growing around the mech. I'll post more pictures when everything is painted.

Grendels

Reaction score
Great Idea, I have been looking for mecha in the part of the site for a bit and haven't seen much.

Ohm

dumpsters, divers and details
Reaction score
Yes, this is looking like a good story already

Stargeezer

Reaction score
I have a few more progress pictures of the Scopedog and the Gremlin, I still have some dry brushing and finish detailing to do on them. I will start painting the interior of the car and the figures next I'm thinking about adding a tree or something.

TRM

Reaction score
Great job so far!!! Just about there!!! ;)

Stargeezer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments every body, I hope you don't think this is to corny but as I said I decided to add a tree to the diorama. I was thinking about where to put it then I thought the mech has a gun in it's right hand how about the tree growing up through the left one. What do you think to goofy?

stretch

Reaction score
Love the work you've done.
Re: the hand/tree.. it depends how long the scopedog's been on the ground..

Stargeezer

Reaction score
My Post Apocalyptic Scopedog Diorama is finished I decided to paint the battle Germlin a little different and added the tree. I ended up not putting the tree in the robot's hand I hope you all like it.

Ravhin

Reaction score
Great stuff. The interior of the gremlin looks quite awesome.

TRM

Reaction score
Well done...congrats on the finish!!!

Latest posts