Possible to update an M4 to and M4A3E8?

ulvdemon

I am looking to build"eventually" an M4A3E8 fromt he 761st Tank BN and I am currently researching possible kits. has anyone every updated any of the various M4 kits to the M4A3E8 specifications? Also, I have seen there is a kit of M4A3E8 that was used in the Korean War, has anyone backdated this to a tank serving in WWII if necessary?

The difference between an M4 and an M4A3 is engine type, therefore they have different engine deck panels associated with each engine type. Plus most of the M4 kits currently available have the wrong hull type to begin with, There are plenty of M4A3E8 kits available. I recommend Tasca’s M4A3E8 kit.

There were a lot of field expedited M4A3E2 "Jumbo" tanks, Instead of trying for a m4A3E8 this may be a better subject as I think Most of the m4A3e8s had HVSS suspensions the earlier "jumbos" were a mixture of VVSS and HVSS they may have ALL had duckbill track connecters to help offset the weight of all the extra plate, Most of the images I have seen also show them nose heavy in the front due to the extra think transmission cover and mantle, some references also state that they were all earlier 75mm guns instead of the newer 76mm because the 75mm was a better he and smoke rounds. The second WW2 jumbos were often the lead tank in the column as such they were often up armored further than delivered. Its a project I was looking at doing myself.

Latest posts

Back