Paints — Tamiya to Vallejo conversion

GaryG64

I have searched and looked and I cannot really find a comprehensive conversion chart for Tamiya to Vallejo.

Does anyone know where I might find a chart?

I am not sure there really is a definitive one

I have done searches but often when I come across info, it is often questionable, or a vague color match

Any specific colors you are looking for?

Rather than a direct match, if you have an FS number for the color you need it might be better to search for Tamiya matches to that FS number instead of a Vallejo to Tamiya match

Thanks Blake, I did find an app in my searching (there's an app for everything) that might prove helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222_131134_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_131134_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20221222_131143_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_131143_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20221222_131152_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_131152_Hobby Color Converter.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 13
I have searched and looked and I cannot really find a comprehensive conversion chart for Tamiya to Vallejo.

Does anyone know where I might find a chart?
If you are an android user do a search in the Google store for Brushrage. Even using the free version, the ability to compare paint matches is fabulous with a huge database of manufacturers paint lists and the ability to keep an inventory of all your paints.
Merry Christmas,
John

If you are an android user do a search in the Google store for Brushrage. Even using the free version, the ability to compare paint matches is fabulous with a huge database of manufacturers paint lists and the ability to keep an inventory of all your paints.
Merry Christmas,
John
Thanks, John. I'll look into that. Merry Christmas to you too.

Merry Christmas,
John
Loving the app John. Nice one.
Pantherman

Loving the app John. Nice one.
Pantherman
You are welcome. I have using it for almost 12 months. You will find that it is updated regularly with other paint lists or corrections for those already there. To have a full inventory of my huge paint sticks and the ability to mark any I want is magic as the brain gets older. Delve deeper and you find that real enthusiasts have spent time developing a very well presented app. I will pay for the full version in the future.
Now the wife has been victualled with toast and coffee, 2 cats fed, I have to dance with Henry the vacuum cleaner. John

You are welcome. I have using it for almost 12 months. You will find that it is updated regularly with other paint lists or corrections for those already there. To have a full inventory of my huge paint sticks and the ability to mark any I want is magic as the brain gets older. Delve deeper and you find that real enthusiasts have spent time developing a very well presented app. I will pay for the full version in the future.
Now the wife has been victualled with toast and coffee, 2 cats fed, I have to dance with Henry the vacuum cleaner. John
Glad to hear your wife is eating!;)
Please keep us updated

Last edited:
There is an app called "Model Paint 42" which lists many of the hobby paint lines and compares colors to other brands. I'm not sure how accurate their comparisons are? But, it is a start.

Latest posts

Back