Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • What is "Gundam"?!?

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Yup John, that would be one!
The classic RX-178, I believe.
I have seen a few of them at a nearby hobby shop, and by nearby, I mean 50+ miles. :(
They are a little pricey for me at this time.
I think that the Mobile suit from "AGE" lights up.
Are you going to build this for the Spring contest? ;)

wow you have a 1/48 rx-78-2! If you dont know that is the VERY first gundam ever created. That series started off the whole universe of gundam more than 30 years ago

ModelMakerMike said:
Yup John, that would be one!
The classic RX-178, I believe.
I have seen a few of them at a nearby hobby shop, and by nearby, I mean 50+ miles. :(
They are a little pricey for me at this time.
I think that the Mobile suit from "AGE" lights up.
Are you going to build this for the Spring contest? ;)

Nope, not for the spring contest, but maybe for the group build depending upon when it is.

I got it for $60 US. My LHS was having a 50% off sale, and I picked it up on the cheap.

greyphantom1000 said:
wow you have a 1/48 rx-78-2! If you dont know that is the VERY first gundam ever created. That series started off the whole universe of gundam more than 30 years ago

I knew it was an RX-78, but I didn't know it was a RX-78-2. I wondered about the prototype on the box....and your answer explained it.

Speaking of the RX-78-2. I have this sitting on a shelf gathering up dust:

IMG_0639.jpg

Not a model kit, but fits the thread

Oh yeah, the RX-78...had my numbers crossed. :)
I suppose the sale at your LHS is over?
:(
AND, I recognize the old school super robots on your shelf. :)

My LHS was just getting rid of a few things that were not selling well. This was one of them. The clerk at the shop told me that there were three or four people interested in it at the lower price but no takers.

The owner told me that it was the first Gundam model to come into the store. That was why it was on sale, it had been on the shelf for over a year. Original price was $120, it was 50% off.

No other Gundam kits at that sale price. And anything else that was worth buying I got for prizes in the contest.

I have the full Shogun Warriors line of jumbo machinder anything outside that line is far to expensive to collect.

John, Now I'm remember again why did I gave away my diecast Diamos when I was kid :-[

will be also joining the GB... just waiting this one to happen.

Eastrock said:
John, Now I'm remember again why did I gave away my diecast Diamos when I was kid :-[

will be also joining the GB... just waiting this one to happen.

Have you checked the price on the old Diamos Diecast? crazy expensive.....especially if you have the DX

I think I might build one of my MG Wing or G Gundam models. Who knows, maybe a musha MG gundam.

i knew it was an RX-78, but I didn't know it was a RX-78-2. I wondered about the prototype on the box....and your answer explained it.

Speaking of the RX-78-2. I have this sitting on a shelf gathering up dust:

IMG_0639.jpg

Not a model kit, but fits the thread

Very Cool!!! Im getting really excited about this GB! I just blew a chuck of my tax return on the paasche booth and 7 gundam kits! LETS DO THIS!!!

What kits did you get? I just bought a MG EW Epyon 1/100

Any prizes for this contest lol?

Husker Adama said:
What kits did you get? I just bought a MG EW Epyon 1/100

Any prizes for this contest lol?

lol no prizes. But i wouldnt be against donating something to help support a gundam group build.
I picked up MG Kampfer, MG Aile Strike, MG GM Custom, MG 00 Seven Sword/G, RG rx-78-2, RG Freedom, HG 1/100 Tallgeese III, and HG Stark Jegan. Here is a link to see the kits-- Special Delivery #3

I agree that maybe a non specific gundam group build might be better. I havnt watched much of the Gundam Seed series but the thought of a Gundam group build really rules! I would love a Gundam 0079 group build, keep it true to the old schoolers, but whatever is good with me, I have no trouble building Gundams from series i've never seen! Giant robots forev!

Those are definitely some excellent model kits.
I am very intrigued with the 00 one. The one you showed last!
Did you order all of them from hobbylink Japan?

ModelMakerMike said:
Those are definitely some excellent model kits.
I am very intrigued with the 00 one. The one you showed last!
Did you order all of them from hobbylink Japan?

Actually no i ordered all of these from tatsuhobby.com. There in san diego ca and im like 6 hours north of them so i got it the next day. Very reasonable prices and shipping

Latest posts

Back