Polish Hussar (1812)

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi all

Seeing as I have the Napoleonic books out and the oils going I thought I'd do this little figure while working on the Moscow vigenette .
This one is a Polish Hussar (54mm) and would have also been involved in the Russian campaign 1812 .
I picked this one up at Euro Militaire last year from a Polish company www.M-MODEL.PL

DSCF3877.jpg

Its a great little figure and the casting is first class . The Horse I think is really nice even tho its cast in elven pieces altogether ! But they all went together well and I finished all the joints by blending in some Milliput with a wet brush ,I have most of the horse assembled ,just needing the ears and tail put on and I drilled the feet and pinned them to strengthen the join to the base as there's only two feet on the ground ( its not glued to the base yet )

DSCF4898.jpg

DSCF4896.jpg

DSCF4895.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Just signing in to the viewer's gallery!!! Getting comfy!!! ;D

Always nice to have you along fella's :)

Spud ..I didnt think you would be into Napoleonics :)

Chris.

I spent a little time getting most of the Hussar sorted tonight . It went together well with some nice detailing in the cast .I havent fixed the arms yet to make painting easier .

DSCF4904.jpg

DSCF4906.jpg

DSCF4907.jpg

You can see in this pic that a few spots on the face need fixed and you may notice the bent gun barrel ,that kind of the norm in resin kits ,but a drop of warm water will straighten it out .

DSCF4905.jpg

All in all I think it will make a nice piece :)

DSCF4903.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Like I told you Chris great work so far and I'm waiting for more :)
Cheers

Thanks guys :)

Got a bit more done on this one . I decided to slap some paint on the horse ...while watching an episode of Sharpe . So far I based with Acrylic ,then started on the oils ,I've added the shadows ,midtone and first highlights ,Still another sitting to do on it ,then the detailing of the face etc ...

DSCF4914.jpg

DSCF4915.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Look at you go!!! Horsey painted!!! I know you got some distance to go here, but , it looking really good Chris!!! ;)

Hi all ,

I havent had much time for modelling this week :( ...On top of which I' ve been having some computer woes which has stopped me getting on site much ...well I could get on but found it nearly impossible to reply to anything because the computer was going soooo slow . All sorted now tho '

So ,i got a little more done on the horse ,been working on the saddlery ,harnesses & bridal ,mostly just blocked in the colours ,I also started detailing the head & face a bit ....still loads to do .

DSCF4921.jpg

DSCF4922.jpg

DSCF4923.jpg

Been working on the Hussar too ,but not enough to show yet ,I'll get him up soon .

I wont have anymore updates for a week or so as Im puddle hopping over to Scotland for a week ,so I will see y'all when I get back . :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

looking great there Chris. There's only one problem with me and Sharpe . I watch it on yesterday I end up shouting at the bad guys

Thanks guys :)

DB ...I love the Sharpe series ,I was lucky enough to meet Rifleman Harris last year at EuroMilitaire ,had a good chat with him ( Jason Salkey) ...real nice fella .

Chris.

I'm rather jealous now Chris. I think i would of had a fan boy moment lol. I have about 10 of the books give or take. Harris always intrigued me mainly because you never. learn why he joined the army

Sorry DB ,didnt mean to make yer jealous . He is a great fella tho' and will take the time to talk with everybody ,He was at Euro presenting the awards and also promoting his charity 'Sharpes Children ' ,was great to meet him .

DSCF3875.jpg

DSCF3874.jpg

Chris.

Hey Chris,

have recently got the Sharpes boxset, its an episode a day for me for the next while ;) hahaha

great build mate,

cheers

shane

I hadn´t seen this one, Chris. The Berezina Grand Armee disastrous victory !
´
I can see your strong on Napoleonics! I like it a lot, this is very colorful, and a highly vivid pose :D

PS: seeing that resine warped carbine barrel terrifies me :p I would surely break it :p
Cheers, Chris
RG

Hi ya Shane ,yeah ,hard to beat a good episode of Sharpe eh :)

Jelly my friend ,nice to see you , yes I must admit to being a secret Napoleonics addict ;D The Carbine has come good with a soak in some hot water ,then quenched in cold water ,so far it has stayed straight . ,I got the Pelisse painted before I went to Scotland last week ,but looking at it now its a bit too light ,so I'll have to redo it ::) ... oh well ,its all fun .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back