Pile of scrap: Vor´cha II Cruiser (mod.) "Drak`korr"

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Real Star Trek Fans will kill me. I appreciate that! But it was a good chance to try some lighting and painting technics. And it made a lot of fun to do it....

We talk about a AMT Klingon Vor`cha Cruiser, I bought many years ago. Once I deconstruct the model to try some moldings. During the work on the "Anakin Solo" I found the remnants and an Idea grows in my crazy brain. How would a Mark II Class Cruiser looks like?!

I dont like klingon light green color, so I also tried some different. If the new cruiser get the name Drak`korr (Dragons tooth) he have to look like one :)

This are the results

[attachment deleted by admin]

During the rebuild, I decidet to try some lighting technics, later needed for the "Anakin Solo". I had to use many putty, cause the parts were out of shape..

Before I closed the hull cover, I made an 2 hours light test. Nothing happend, so I continued with work

During the build, I also added some special Artwork

The color?? I started to cover the model with Tamiya grey coating. The white one is the better match, but I had not enough of it :-(

I also add some surface structure with an mixture from white glue and sand (for dragon scales)

Then I started with yellow cover. If you try this for your own, you should use a more brighter yellow for a better contrast. Second I sprayed red stripes like camoflage

All get a clear orange cover and some brown and black stripes (for some structure)

At last, I add some decals and a clear cover. Removing the Microsol liquid mask from all ribbed parts was very difficult. You may find another solution (so as I ;D )
Highlighting and washing as usual with brown and black, drybrushing with bright orange

At last some night shots. The light looks great. Its difficult to copy that on the pictures,,,

CPO great work on this. Am I seeing the salt technique applied here to explain the sudden bumps from a clean surface to not? A chipping effect no doubt. Can't wait to see this bird all chewed up.

Glorfindel said:
CPO great work on this. Am I seeing the salt technique applied here to explain the sudden bumps from a clean surface to not? A chipping effect no doubt. Can't wait to see this bird all chewed up.

I mixed sand and white glue for a different surface shape. Like lobster armor. I dont remove that. The Drak´korr is almost finished. It needs a base, but that will be done later :)

Wow! This thing looks deadly, perhaps from one of the more outlandish Klingon houses.

Great concept chief and excellent lighting! 8)

Thanks :) I have got an overnight Idea for the base, hehe! I will start it when I return from work.

Awesome base, I really like what you've done with the area surrounding the tri-star. This thing looks like it came straight from the depths of Sto 'Vo 'Kor. 8)

THis is a very interesting and unique take on the kit.
The base is really kewl, I especially like how you added the bits of sheet styrene to it to emulate scales. :)
Nice work, CPO
:D :D

Latest posts

Back