Pile of scrap: Incom T-47 Airspeeder

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Ok, heres another POS model I rebuild. Well, I dont remember, when I bought this thing, but I liked the snowspeeder showed at "Empire strikes back" movie. There was one problem, they were sold out and ERTL disappeared from the market. So I bought a already built model from ebay.
After the customer sent it to me, my first reaction was a shock. Slop glued parts, messy canopy ant the whole model had an disgusting smell of nicotine. I hope, the former owner of that model returned to collecting stamps!

The T-47 waited some years in my box, covered with a bag :) It was close to fly into the garbage, but then I realised, thet it was build by Fundimensions in 1980, a really rare model. So it found its way to the desktop (under making a detour thru a bucket with water).

First pictures of the parts. Here you can see the reason for the "pile of scrap" title. Its really scrab :)
Notice the funny alien Pilots without a back :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

The canopy parts were useless, so I replaced them with some others from a new released Snowspeeder-Kit from my stash. I dont like those big and thick canopy parts. If something misfits on the kit, they never fits and they dont hold for a long time.
Some Figure and Cockpit painting and test fittings followed

i take it this is the old airfix/amt kit? those figures from that kit had a certain bulky look to them

Quaralane said:
Lots of love to make this work. But I think you have it

You say it :)

Its a good testing area for my ZEP Wax putty. That works really good. And fast, of course!

Back with new energy :)
The following shows the rebuild, primer and base coating. Inspired from an article about "Arctic Agressor" F-16 Fighters, I decidet to give the T-47 such a camoflage painting. Cause all decals were lost during sanding, I made some new.

More camo pictures and first work on a base. That Color rocks!

She looks great!
I remember my overwhelming disappointment with the pilots when I built mine in like 1981?!
:)

ModelMakerMike said:
She looks great!
I remember my overwhelming disappointment with the pilots when I built mine in like 1981?!
:)

Well, I guess, they are the Heroes of that threat, hehe!

Quaralane said:
Nice work on the camo for that.

Thanks. I really like the colors. This Arctic Agressor unit have more interesting patterns. I guess I have not enough Airspeeders to show them all :)

can you put some nazi crosses on them as well, not the swastika's but the type that have the black central sections with the white edging, i think that would look really cool

Jimi said:
can you put some nazi crosses on them as well, not the swastika's but the type that have the black central sections with the white edging, i think that would look really cool

Iron Crosses on a rebel glider? Haha! Would be funny. Maybe next time :)

Grendels said:
I saw one with a Swedish markings. I think Basic modeling did it.

I love the camo!

Thanks Grendels. Are you sure, it was a Snowspeeder? Or a Saab Drakken?!
Swedish markings...hm...

Latest posts

Back