Pile of Scrap Cylon Raider, Monogram

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Its been a while, but I had much work to do. Sorry for that. I did an old Cylon Raider, which lie about many years in my Scrap Box. During Oberschleißheim model show I start to rebuild two Raiders. The following one got an own diorama, the other one will get an extra landing-device for my "Space Station" project.

I build one after the guide and took him as study object. If you know that model, you will remember many holes and slots ;D I closed most of them with styrene sheet and some green stuff putty. I also assembled an interior for the Engines with some blue LEDs. At Least, I teared the first one and he got the interior, too. There are no existing photos of the early stage, because i build more faster than i can take them :)

Atlantia is built from styrene sheet and old parts from scrap box. Laser cannons were built from the original main part and some brass tubes

[attachment deleted by admin]

More Raider pictures

I completely worked with tamiya equipment. Decals were unusable, so I had to mask and airbrush all markings

Here you can see the construction area, poor electrics and the finished base

At last some Dio pictures and two lighting views

"Group 3, Vectors 1-7 and 2-8 arm and attack Battlestar Atlantia..."

BY YOUR COMMAND!

Thanks Guys, I had a lot of fun with that thing. And a LOT of Experience, new tools and new ideas :)

Good luck with yours :)
I used Tamiya XF-20 as Base Color and I mixed it up with a little bit of XF-2 (white) for high-lighting. Markings and cockpit made with XF-1 black. You should use white primer, if you use the grey one, its tricky to cover the surface.

Latest posts

Back