Photos of Finished Porsche 911 GT1

Dminor9

I finally finished the Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans. It turned out ok, but I am not totally satisfied. The body didn't fit the chassis correctly. The pins on the chassis missed the holes in the body by maybe an 1/8 of an inch. As a result, the pins on the roof of the front cowling were up against the firewall. So, the rear cowling nubs with the holes in them, could not latch onto the pins to help hold the rear cowling in place. I had to remove the rear cowling nubs, so the cowling now just butts up to the front cowling. The right-side exhaust did not line up, although the left side fit perfectly. The firewall fit 7 of 8 contact points of the cage, but the last one just wouldn't match up. The other things I didn't like about this kit is there were too many parts molded in black that had to be painted white, and too many white pieces needing black painting. The decals took 3 1/2 days to complete. Several broke and I had to repair them. I guess basically, this was a normal everyday build. Anyways, here pics of the finished product. I will think seriously next time to a simpler build with less decals. I am now starting a Tamiya Yamaha XV1000 Virago. We will see how that goes. Thanks for looking. Hopefully you won't be too hard on this old man. Need more practice to get my skills back up to par.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 12
Nice job on what look to be very difficult decals.
Yep, sometimes they go like that.

Thanks all for your replies! I appreciate the compliments. I learned what I need to improve on from doing this build. My biggest problem is not having enough patience while building. I also need to get myself a light with a magnifying glass to help with the smaller details and parts. Build on!

Latest posts

Back