PANZER IV E Tauch Panzer ...... Takin' a Dip !

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

I've started on th Panzer IV E Tauch panzer from Dragon. It's gonna be part of a Group Build over on Modeler's Alliance- Operation Barbarossa. - http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/blitzkrieg/77772-pz-iv-e-tauch--all-wet

This Tauch will belong to th 17th. Panzer Division as They've just crossed the Bug river on th 1st. Day of Barbarossa. The Diorama will also encompass a set of figures from Dragon ( #6375) German Tank Crew 1939-1943 . They will be Toasting to th fact that They crossed th River & didn't sink ! ;D

So .... On with th Shooo

PzIVETauchbarbarossaGB.jpg

DSC08346.jpg
I figured that I would get the most painful part of th Process out of the way - The Road Wheels :-X

DSC08345.jpg
As you can see Dragon has graciously molded th Rubber Tyres separately ! There's 2 approaches you can take with this. You could paint them separately , thus no need for a mask or brush painting the Rims , or you could just slap th Rubber to th Rim & get it on ! .... I chose to "Get it On " ...

DSC08347.jpg
DSC08348.jpg
Also if you are really careful with th Glue you can make th Suspension workable !!

Well .... That's all I have for now ... I'll soon mount th Wheels & suspension ... It's all down hill from here , as I figure th Hardest & most Tedious part is over !

C'Mon ... Pub Time !!! Jelly has saved us a Seat !! ;D

Kiss - Parasite

Coolio ;D another Panzer from the Panzermiester ;D Will be watching this one ,The dio sounds interesting ....Carry on !

Chris.

Outstanding!! ;D

More is always better!!

From one Eric to another!!!

........But don't forget about that kicking TIGER! 8)

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words ! Much appreciated.

Q - This is a very extensive kit. It was th time IIRC, when Dragon was transitioning over to Their Smart Kits , yet kept a lot of Detail & a high Parts Count ( the workable suspension, separate tires & road wheels,) consequently there is also a Full Turret interior , yet most wil be hidden by the Panzer Crew !

E ,

Thanx buddy !! I haven't forgotten about th Tiger !! I got a lil' touch up work on th Interior done & almost ready to decal/stencil.

CHRIS,

Cheers !! Thanx for th kind words !! Stay Tuned !

Off to a kickin' start Erik!! I'll be hanging out to see where it goes if ya don't mind!! I'm thinking you might need just one more "Iron" in the fire there buddy!!! ::)

;D

I take my hat off to you Armor guys. All that dirt and rust and you all make it look so easy. Love reading your build threads. I will be watchin ya build this one as well.
cheers,
FW190

Now that's what I called PANZERMANIA!!! ;D

Eric, Keep it up and the Whittman Last ride also!!

wow lotsa gb over on that site..

It looks like a nice kit and im digging the trailer

"Heeey, Joe..."

Sorry... ;D ;D

Hey, Eric, I´m goin´ to get serious and ask you how the H**L are you dealing simoultaneously with the Tiger, with this workhorse, the Millenium Falcon BG, and the War Wheels BG... ;D ;D

;D I think that you´ve captured some elfic-dwarves or so in the forest and you´re forcing them to work on your models like slaves, so you can fully focus on beer, videos, & other stuff... you know ;D

Should we were "boiling" in "the Pub" ( ;D) , I would confidently ask you (joke) about if you are able to perform so well simoultaneusly also in other kind of social activities. :-X ;D ... But I insist: I would ask you confidently. ;D

;D Ok, Eric, you ask for it, you get it: I´ve no typical English / Irish Pub near me, but I could take you to a full night trip of "tapas, cañas y vinos" in places like this one:

http://www.barcasapuga.es/ (I particularly don´t like the bullfighting stuff & so, but that´s just atrezzo).

And this ol´classic all freak-out video clips goes for you... ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu_B5BCDJxs

Cheers, Eric,
And keep on shovelin´coal in the boiler, lad ;D
RG

JELLY,

I promise ... No Elves are held against Their Will !!! ;D .... There's No rush on th Tauch Panzer .... The Tiger & subsequent Dio needs to get finished A.S.A.P. ... The Falcon & War Wheels G.B.'s don't start until October ... so I have some time.

JELLY- I'm all in ...... I've heard that The Southern Coast of Spain IS th Place to Party !! Barcelona too ! Is there an Island .... Ibeza ? I've heard that's Hopin !!!!

Saludos .... bebes contigo *clink* ( I've got some Vodka in th Freezer with your name on it ! )

Updates soon ! I know I've been threatening that .... I just need some Bench Time !

panzerace007 said:
JELLY,

I promise ... No Elves are held against Their Will !!! ;D .... There's No rush on th Tauch Panzer .... The Tiger & subsequent Dio needs to get finished A.S.A.P. ... The Falcon & War Wheels G.B.'s don't start until October ... so I have some time.

JELLY- I'm all in ...... I've heard that The Southern Coast of Spain IS th Place to Party !! Barcelona too ! Is there an Island .... Ibeza ? I've heard that's Hopin !!!!

Saludos .... bebes contigo *clink* ( I've got some Vodka in th Freezer with your name on it ! )

Updates soon ! I know I've been threatening that .... I just need some Bench Time !

;D Hey man, we are too old for Ibiza, believe me !

I hoped that some day my name would be in a large Ship, a Cruiser, an airplane, etc... but you naming a vodka bottle with my name is a good joke, lad... You Hit Me Deep !!! BRAVO ZULU, mate !!! ;D I will have to adapt to my life reality ... Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha....!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey, the right expression should be: "brindo contigo" ;)

And, come on, put your hands over the model !!! ;D This is the Dictatorship of the Proletariat Modelling Guys !!! ;D

Salud, Eric,
RG

Ibiza your never to old to party there of there for my 36 nxt july trust me been before its one mad island just go with out your partner and take your mates you will never look back cafa del mar there will be a drink waiting.......................! 8)

Back