P-51B Suzy G

WayneBt

One of my builds is going to be Tamiya's 48 scale P-51B. I am going to be building out of the box but using AeroMasters decals for Suzy G. It is one of the 4 yellow nosed Mustangs in the well known picture. The reason I am doing Suzy G is my wife's name is Susan and when she was little her family called her Suzy (she didn't like it by the way) and her maiden name started with G so..... My other build is going to be a figure, a 32nd scale German pilot from Ultracast. I will make another file for that later.

Wayne

The model is still in the plastic wrap like when I got it at Christmas time.
DSCF0304.jpg

and here is a bad picture of Suzy G

e2-h.jpg

Way to go Wayne! Nice kit. Looking forward to following! ;D

First thing I did when I opened the box was to sand off the rivets over the landing gear. They are not on the real P-51. I heard that they were added on to some vintage aircraft to re-enforce above the landing gear. I scraped then sanded the area smooth. Now on to the cockpit. I will post pictures very soon of the cockpit.

WayneBt said:

I just spent like ten minutes trying to find the kit box in that photo...

:p

it totally blends in with the news paper. LOL

I'll be watching this one.

Wow, that kit has soem nice detail to it. Great progress so far! ;D

Well unfortunately life has somewhat gotten in the way. Fro about 2 weeks I haven't had a chance to work on it and then when I did , the paint started to screw up for some reason. I think it was too damp, we have gotten a lot of rain recently, and the paint came out and puddled like water. Sooooo, I have pretty well had to go back to the start of painting it all over again. I am in the process of sanding it down to the plastic. Another year and another kit not finished for this contest. I got my figure painted though!!!

Latest posts

Back