OOB Review: 1/350TOS Enterprise and All Accessories!

ModelMan

Like the title says, here it is!

POL880: Standard Edition Kit
MKA004: Supplemental Parts Pack (pilot parts)
MKA005: Deluxe Accessory Set (light kit, weathering decals, photoetch)
MKA007: Light Kit
MKA008: Weathering decals
MKA009: Photoetch parts
MKA010: Registry Decals

Special thanks to Jamie Hood of Round 2 for sending me this package. It all goes back to him as these are sales demo pieces the company needs for internal purposes.

Part 1 is an overview of everything Jamie sent.
Part 2 covers unboxing the Gray Lady herself, culminating with a dry fit.
Part 3 hits all the accessories that will be available for this kit.
Part 4 will have some side-by-sides with other 1/350 kits
Part 5 will be the round up.

This is a veritable ton of plastic to cover and I'm taking the time to show it all off in full detail. I haven't finished shooting all the vids yet! I wanna get this out to the fans asap!

I expect that each new video will get it's own entry in this thread as it posts. I'll also edit this post in particular with the new link as well so it's all tidy up here at the top.

Side note:
Congrats to Paulbo for scoring the official photoetch set design work!

Without further delay,
Part 1: The Overview
OoB Review: 1/350 TOS Enterpise with all the gear! Pt 1: Overview

I forgot we can't mod previous posts. Wanted to condense all these vids in the first post as they progress.

Be sure to thank Jamie! This was his idea to have me review the kit so early. Normally I'd be doing this weeks or months after the public release.

Here it is, kids!
Unboxing the ship itself with a look at the directions and stock decals.
OoB Review: 1/350 TOS Enterpise Pt2A: Unbox, Decals, Directions

I'm betting a LOT of that scuffing you're seeing came from the way the stuff was crammed into the box.

And, you can count me as one of the rare ones who actually like the grid being there

Here is the final vid in the Accessory pack series.
OoB Review: 1/350 TOS Enterprise Pt3C: More Lights & Registry Decals

We're getting close to the end and are now down to some side-by-sides. Next is the 350 TOS next to Tamiya 350 CVN-65 followed by our old, old friend, the AMT 650 1701.

In Part 4B, we'll get a look at 350 TOS and Refit. So nice! There will be a special 1/350 guest as well. That video will finish with a look at three, 1/350 Enterprises huddled together! It's a beautiful sight to behold!

Last requests for The Wrap. Is there anything I missed that you want me to show again?

I've got the box tray for color calls, someone wanted calipers on the grid lines and a comparison to the Refit's grid, I think I can show the lighting kit basically lit up and flashing, another person wants me to crack a beer and chillax after this whirlwind week of plastic frenzy.

Any other second looks I'm not thinking of?

Thanks for the videos.

Though as they're not selling any to the UK it's a bit like getting a paper cut and then having lemon juice rubbed on it watching them!

I can't see ever getting one. :-[

khimbar said:
Thanks for the videos.

Though as they're not selling any to the UK it's a bit like getting a paper cut and then having lemon juice rubbed on it watching them!

I can't see ever getting one. :-[

Make a friend or put out some requests in the forums. you can always order from a place like starshipmodeler too. You just onw't find this kit in your local shop is all. But we can't find most Euro or Japanese kits in ours either. Thankfully, there's mail order!

OoB Review: 1/350 TOS Enterprise Pt5B: The Wrap: Fit and FIddly Bits

As of now, I haven't finished shooting pt5c. Think that will be done tonight. Maybe posted tomorrow, probly Sat morn. If not, then Sat night.

Shooting 5d "Lighting the lights and spinning the domes" will be delayed until at least Sunday with editing to follow and posting early next week. I thought there might be a 5e, but nope. Three plus the lights.

The delay:
Saturday is an event known among droid and astromech builders as R2-LA. The ninth annual in this case. I have to finish prepping Lemon's and the T-65 for the event.
http://www.youtube.com/user/gearsmctinkersome

If you want to see a few dozen droid builders discussing and displaying their droids of various stages of completion, check out www.r2la.com, streaming around noon PST and into the evening. There could be a full dozen working droids there.

Teaser.
The Money Shot

I just haven't been able to devote the time needed to this shoot.

Hopefully, this will satiate the thirst. I'm editing footage I shot 10 days ago, but know that it was mostly fluff that I think I'm gonna throw out and shoot all over again.

I hope to have the video by the time the light kit goes on sale!

Latest posts

Back