One down and one on the way

FW190A-8

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my recently completed Hasegawa Typhoon and current build Airfix Bf109 with you all. Both are 1/48 scale.
cheers,
FW190 (John)

[attachment deleted by admin]

FW190A-8 said:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my recently completed Hasegawa Typhoon and current build Airfix Bf109 with you all. Both are 1/48 scale.
cheers,
FW190 (John)

that 109 is a sweet kit . I have the Trop. I may have to pick me up the standard too. Not that I need any more 109's ::)

Wonderful painting! That finish is a work of art!
The 109 looks like it's going to be a show stopper too.

ShutterAce: It is a sweet kit. You are right. I too have the Trop. on standby in the hanger.

Myke: Thanks for the compliment. I always feel nervous when it comes time to do the RAF camo schemes. I think up heaps of different ways to paint those schemes but in the end I go back to the good old freehand with no masking.

The Typhoon was going to be my entry in the Big Spring Contest but I had a lil' accident and was unable to get it done on time. Never mind. After seeing the winning entries, I still am a long way off the money. Anyhow, thanks for looking guys. I appreciate it.

cheers,
FW190 (john)

Just putting the decals on the 109 right now. I have to say that Airfix has really stepped up to the plate with the quality of the parts in these new line of kits. Jury is still out on the decals however, but I am trying to tame them with extra coats of microsol.
Anyone else built this kit and found the decals not settling in nice and snug?
FW190

I agree the new airfix kits are great for the price , I did the bf109 and was very pleased with it
well worth buying..

great job on the finishing !

Latest posts

Back