Old... Model Master Acrylics (MMA)

echo139er

Majestic Order of Jocular Outcasts
For those who use MMA. I recently came across an opportunity to buy a large amount of MMA paints for a very low price. The catch? The paints, all new and unopened, have been in storage for approx. 4 years.

My question is... Does MMA paint expire?

Hey echo, I've got several bottles that are older than 4 years. Some are much older. I've had 1 or 2 go bad (hard) over time but most likely because I didn't close them up properly. I'd go for it.

I'd say your fine, I've bought paint from mom and pop hobby shops that have a thick layer of dust on them that would tell me they are at LEAST 4 years old. If they are unopened you should be fine.

Thank you gents. With your comments (and others) I have decided to go for it. I soon will be going the ranks of the Acrylians....

same here , I get mine on ebay and various places , never more than $1.00 a bottle , some are 5+ years old , not one of them has hardened.

Get one of these paint mixers like the Badger , stirring and stirring
doesn't seem to remix them well enough .
The little badger mixer is a godsend with these paints , makes them silky smooth. !
also helps to eliminate the dreaded paint lifting issues some people have experienced

Latest posts

Back